Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I had my son and forgot?
by Anonymous
January 21, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Seriously...I woke up the other morning in a panic, walked right passed his crib and called my dr's office in a panic, demanding that I speak with my dr because it occurred to me that I was 4 weeks overdue. The nurse got really quiet before replying "Um...honey, you had him over a month ago." Has this ever happened to anyone else? I mean, I know I was tired, but how do I forget that I had my son?

Replies

• ExquisiteMomof2
    January 21, 2013 at 3:11 AM

The first night my oldest slept through the night I did a very similar thing. It was the best night of sleep I had gotten in MONTHS! (The last three months of my pregnancy with him was HORRIBLE! I had heart burn like you would not believe and couldn't sleep on my stomach thus I couldn't get comfortable, most nights I slept sitting up.)

In any case, I woke up because I remembered in my sleep that I had a doctors appointment for myself. Forgetting it was an appointment to see my family practitioner and not my OB I called the Ob's office and the nurse was like, whoa, slow down. Say that again? She said that my appointment wasn't for another week (I had to get a cryno done) and that I already had my son. At which point I had somehow walked myself into his room and saw him sleeping still. lol. I have NO idea what I was dreaming about to make me forget.

When my youngest son was born, he was a very stark difference from our oldest. I had to actually check on him to see if he was alive and breathing. When he was younger I swear it never felt like I had two children, that I still only had one because of how mellow and quiet he was. He's still like that, even at 9 months almost. He's starting to enjoy playing with his brother.

• suzycastleman
    January 21, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    Have a test done to check for signs of stroke. You can have pre-strokes that cause temp mem lose and its something to keep an eye on. Good luck
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 21, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Possible sleepwalking? People can do some weird shit when they sleep walk.

• LuNaDoLL
    January 21, 2013 at 3:15 AM

do you still have a pregnancy stomach??? how do you not notice your bumb is gone?

• ElizabethGracie
    January 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM

When my son was first born,I stayed with my mom for a few months. When he was about six weeks old,I decided to take him to the grocery store.I bundled him up because it was cold outside,stuffed him into his carrier,got my coat and stuff and went and got into the car.I got a phone call from my mom ten minutes later asking if I'd forgotten something.I looked in the backseat and my son wasn't there.I'd left him sitting on the kitchen table in his carrier!

I cried,but my mom just laughed and told me to go ahead to the grocery store.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I've been having dreams of still being pregnant lately, and the nurse said if this is still occuring when I go in for my 6 week to talk to my dr. She said it could very easily be PPD but I've never heard of PPD like this before. I will have to keep an eye out for other symptoms. Thanks. I was having trouble with my blood pressure while I was in labor but it wasn't because it was high. My blood pressure kept dipping way too low and it has been ever since. Stroke is caused by high bp right?

Quoting suzycastleman:

Have a test done to check for signs of stroke. You can have pre-strokes that cause temp mem lose and its something to keep an eye on. Good luck

• stargaze281
    January 21, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    that's what it was then. okay. you're still trying to recover after your pregnancy. you feeling overwhelmed, try to relax and go slow. don't think too much, cause you will stress yourself out. be confident and do what you can.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I'm thinking. It was a really rough pregnancy that I didn't think was ever going to end...and lately I've been having dreams about still being pregnant, and I was still half asleep when I talked to the nurse.

Quoting stargaze281:

uhh that's strange. did you wake up from a dream ???

• Sj218
    by Sj218
    January 21, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    I didn't forget my kid, but I did get completely lost in the town I've lived in for 7 years. Even turned the wrong way down a one way street. These are streets I drive every day. I still don't know what happened, but I felt like I lost my mind for about 20 minutes.
  • mattiehatter

After reading some of your replies it sounds like exhaustion has gotten the best of you. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

Not really a pregnant stomach, but now I"m overweight. I went from 137 to 180 and it seems to all be settled in my middle so it seems like I'm still pregnant. Sometimes I even catch myself rubbing my belly outta habit.

Quoting LuNaDoLL:

do you still have a pregnancy stomach??? how do you not notice your bumb is gone?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts