Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Food Service Secrets!!! update
by Anonymous
January 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM

post them here! what REALLY goes on in those kitchens at McDonalds? What's in that chili at Wendys?

So I posted one of my stories on page 11, but here's another one. From good ole Applebees

I once had a table of the BITCHIEST girls you had ever seen. I am talking the kind of girls you see on TV who think they are the shit. I'm Hispanic, so they were talking reeeeally slow to me, as if I couldn't understand English.

Well, the busboy heard what was going on and told the chef. When the chef recieved their order, he coughed all over their food as he was making it, and "accidently" sneezed in their salads.

The kicker? They thought the food was delicious, and I got a twenty dollar tip, which I immeadiately gave to the chef

Replies

• jaylonsmommy26
    January 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I worked at a pizza hut in Alabama. One of the guys who cooked the pizza was helping me put the salad bar up one night after we closed. He grabbed a pickle spear with his bare hand out of the jar, the hocked a loogie in it. He looked at me and laughed like it was so effin funny. I was really disgusted because my family and i ate there on a regular basis and im pretty sure that wasnt his first time doing that :( So yeah needless to say he was fired the next day after i turned him in to the manager.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM
    Bump to read later
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    I used to work at KFC, the way they do things may have changed since then, but when I worked there the coleslaw was mixed in a huge trash can (clean of course). We poured all the stuff in, put gloves on, leaned over into the can and mixed it. No hair net just wore a hat, and I had a long ponytail hanging out the back. And, the gloves we wore only came up to our wrists and the mix came up past our elbows, so you know hairs from your arms and dead skin cells got in there.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    I've worked at 2 burger kings...nothing nasty to tell of. I've had friends who worked at taco bell & mcdonalds with no gross stories. Now domino's? I heard nasty shit about that place all the time.
  • Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    January 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Ugh, I don't think I want to know!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM

This wasn't a fast food place but they would have dead flies in the fryers and often touched food with dirty/contaminated hands.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    Well, the KFC here is gross. They will leave chicken in the warmers all day and then at the end of the night they shred it for the chicken pot pies. They will also add hot water to the Mac and cheese to make it look fresher if it's been in the warmer too long.

The MCDonalds is clean and in all the years I worked there only one thing happened that made me nausous. One of the night shift guys was dared to pee in the pickle jar and he did it. It wasn't turned over to the manager until the lunch shift the next day.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    Oh, and if a fly landed in anything (including the salad dressing) on the buffet they would just take and spoon and get it out. The food was left there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, the KFC here is gross. They will leave chicken in the warmers all day and then at the end of the night they shred it for the chicken pot pies. They will also add hot water to the Mac and cheese to make it look fresher if it's been in the warmer too long.

The MCDonalds is clean and in all the years I worked there only one thing happened that made me nausous. One of the night shift guys was dared to pee in the pickle jar and he did it. It wasn't turned over to the manager until the lunch shift the next day.

• RissyLee
    January 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    I read somewhere that the meat for Taco Bell does have a lot of soy in it

Quoting 428pm:

I worked at pizza hut as a young adult and taco bell and pizza hut are the same compnay, the meat would sometimes come to our kitchen and then be driven over by the manager.

It comes in bags as liquid, you boil the stuff bag and all and it solidifies into taco meat.  Makes you wonder if it's soy?!!

And Ive never seen anyone spit in anyones food or mess with it.

I worked for 3 yrs as a tim hortons drive through manager, please dont raise your voice and yell into the speaker, it hurts the workers ears.  When you sing in the car to your radio we hear that.  The speaker doesnt turn off until you drive off the pad.

Pizza hut crusts are made my proofing them in a cm of oil *gag*

• harehelper
    January 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I do remember one horror story from working at McDonalds. I was working on the grill, and I could hear a customer totally ripping the cashier a new a***hole for some stupid little thing. Once the customer finished ranting, he walked off, and the cashier came back around to the grill, asked me which burger was the rude customers, and hawked a big loogy under the bun. It's the only time I saw that happen, but from then on I have ALWAYS been very nice to anyone serving/making me food! LOL

Mom Confessions