Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
JakesMom712
poor people wonder why theyre poor
January 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Its not rocket science. You get your tax refund and buy stupid shit you don't need. then come on here the next month bitching that your lights are getting turned off, or all you have to eat is ramen. Why not use it to pay off a bill put it in savings or invest in something.

Eta. Funny example.

So I had a friend who decided she wanted a car. She got her income tax back and brought the car she had to have. I should add, this was her first car and she had just gotten her license a month prior. Anyway, she has the car that she spent her entire return on. What she didn't take into account was insurance, gas, maintenance, etc. She didn't even have the car 90 days. Poor thing.

Replies

• Mrs.Bryant1201
    January 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Im poor and paying off debt.... And a new bed. We have needed a new bed for years.

• lovinglife0682
    January 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    That is great you are in a college area. I know my rent in a college area was insanely high. But landlords can get it.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I live in Philly. Depending on where I can buy a house, ill either rent to students or section 8. My df does this for a living. He rents mostly to students-upenn not temple. Lol

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Be careful with that. My parents own sober living house. The turn over rate is crazy. They had one room that had 4 different girls on 3 months.

Quoting JakesMom712:

I'm not rich either. I plan to be one day. Next years return I'm buying a rehab house. This year I'm paying off my student loan. I figure I buy one rehab house a year, by the time I retire, I can live off that income.

Quoting mem82:

These fights are always amusing to me because I'm not poor and I'm not rich...I'm just boring middle class. How come no one ever makes snarky comments about us, huh???

• kayshalea
    January 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    I don't do that
  • ElizabethGracie

I'm not poor,but I'm using my tax return to pay some bills and make payments on the new hearing aids I had to buy...whatever is left will going in savings.

I think my dh is going to put his in our savings account.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Who the hell gets 10K back?

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Just think. They could get $10,000 back. If they put it away. That is close to an extra $1000 a month.

• kailalaila

I think it's becuase it's easier for them to make comments about the poor. PA and FS. it is never positive.

Quoting mem82:

These fights are always amusing to me because I'm not poor and I'm not rich...I'm just boring middle class. How come no one ever makes snarky comments about us, huh???

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Wow so it's just a poor fest all around you. lol So much so that you can conclude that ALL poor people must do it. Alrighty then.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Ummm. My mom, all my aunts, a few girls I went to school with, my brother, 3 of my cousins, a good number of my co-workers.

Quoting Anonymous:

So all poor people do this? How many poor people do you personally know that do this? :/

• puertoricangeek

Oh and BTW my bills are always on time or early and I have NO DEBT!

Quoting puertoricangeek:

OK so instead of replacing all of my falling apart shoes with new ones and instead of getting my husband some nice work clothes I should continue to let people like you judge me because my shoes are falling apart and judge my husband because he doesn't have "appropriate" work attire and we can't go out for one meal? We do not eat out all year and doing so will continue the "cycle"? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Instead of spoil...you should save.

Quoting puertoricangeek:

I mean we will be moving to a bigger house and buying a used car. Paying up an years worth of insurance and then the rest we will spoil ourselfs with. I don't think that is so bad.

• JenB1983
    This will be my first year(along with S/O's first year) ever receiving it.
    So, I amend my previous statement. UNTIL we receive our returns, we are not using a single form of PA. Though we obviously qualify. :-P

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you get eic?

Quoting JenB1983:

I'm poor, but S/O and I already have our tax returns planned out. The bulk of it is going towards bills(which are all current lol), to free up a bit of extra each month. We are also rebuilding our savings account whch has dwindled to nothing with him being laid off and me being out of work after having our DD.

And, before anyone asks(or makes a snide comment), we are a family of 5, currently living off $1300/month without a single form of PA.

• puertoricangeek
    January 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM

This year? anyone who has more than 2 kids!

Quoting Anonymous:

Who the hell gets 10K back?

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Just think. They could get $10,000 back. If they put it away. That is close to an extra $1000 a month.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts