Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
If you have WIC?
by Anonymous
January 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM

My DH lost his job recently, and we both have multiple applications in but while awaiting interviews and a job we have applied for WIC.

(We didn't apply for FS because it's unneccesary between our food supply and savings but YDD has certain medical requirements that make her need formula past 1 year and the formula she uses is far from cheap. To pay bills and buy all she needs would very quickly drain what savings we have, and we're trying to be careful. I know some will bash me for using WIC anyway, but whatever)

We get WIC for both children and peanut butter is included. ODD is severely allergic (can't even touch it) to peanut protien.

If I bring medical documentation is, will the WIC office substitute some other kind of butter? She can eat almond/hazlenut/sunflower butter, but they aren't open today so I can't ask them.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM

No they won't.

• Queen_Sheila
    January 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I'm a cashier at Wal-MArt and one of my customers has the super special formula on WIC, over $180 for 8 cans, I know it doesn't come cheap. I don't know about the peanut butter because none of us have any allergies, all I know is they will substitute milk and formula for lactose free and such.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    Nope , only substitution they allow is formula / milk.
  • BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs

I don't believe so.

They'll just tell you not to get it. You can get some type of beans in place of the peanut butter anyways. So that's what you'll have to do.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    I'm going to say probably not. But they will let you get soy milk if you don't drink regular so maybe.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    They will give you beans.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    Nope they will not. I believe that you can either get beans or peanut butter. My sister uses wic and she explained that on the voucher she has the option to purchase a certain amount of beans or a certain oz of peanut butter.
  • FunnyKids
    January 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    I'm sure they will with a doctors note. No I'm not on it but was when I was younger and between jobs
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM

That's our problem. WIC only covers about half of what we go through a month, but medical bills meant a slow build up of our savings account. We've cut out every unneccessary thing until we have the income we once had, but with the lack of jobs in this town it's not easy to find one that would even bring in enough of a paycheck to cover daycare.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

I'm a cashier at Wal-MArt and one of my customers has the super special formula on WIC, over $180 for 8 cans, I know it doesn't come cheap. I don't know about the peanut butter because none of us have any allergies, all I know is they will substitute milk and formula for lactose free and such.

• GhettoKoolAide
    January 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    Yes they will with proper documentation.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN