Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Probably going to get bashed....but I don't agree with spousal support in most situations
by Anonymous
January 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I am all for child support because I feel a man has equal responsibility in raising a kid.  But I think spousal support is stupid in most situations.  I think there should be very few exceptions where someone gets it.

1. Disabled spouse with no way of working

2. SAHM. For a few months until she gets a job..  If she doesn't get a job within the allotted time....oh well. 

I don't think a woman with no kids should get it unless like I said she is disabled .....or her husband was the main bread winner and she kept house.  And again. 90 days to get a job. 

I think if a woman is living with someone then she shouldn't get it.  I have a neighbor who has lived with the same man for 10 years and won't marry him because her spousal support or Alimoney would stop.  Ridiculous. She had no kids with her ex but has two with the new guy,  

there may be other instances where it would be okay. But not many. 

Also...no my DH doesn't pay support to anyone. 

Replies

• pristine729
    January 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    Wow! Ten years?! That is ridiculous!
  • SweetPea2004
    January 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I do not agree with spousal support period, that coming from someone who was a SAHM for a few years.

• KristyKat
    January 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I hate people who feel entitled!

• emeraldangel2.0

i agree with you

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

Quoting SweetPea2004:

I do not agree with spousal support period, that coming from someone who was a SAHM for a few years.

I don't really either,,,I can just see it in some circumstances. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    We have been married 10 years. If he gets up and tells me he's leaving me, I will have no problems going after alimony/spousal support. Most women give their husbands everything, their life, dreams and best years of their life. I helped my husband become the successful person that he is. There is no way I would let someone else reap the benefits of my love and support.
  • betsyabel
    January 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I'm with you.  My BIL is paying $1500 a month to a woman he was married to for 7 years. They have no kids together and she isn't disabled. She also got the house he had purchased 15 years before he met her. She wanted a divorce 3 years in, but found out she wouldn't get anything because they hadn't been married long enough. So, she played nice and sweet for 4 more years...and took him for pretty much everything.  He is partly to blame though since he hired a lawyer who doesn't normally do divorces and he pretty much just rolled over to her demands. 

• angel_peanut
    January 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM

i do not agree with spousal support at all

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    I don't agree with it at all. I live in Indiana and they don't do spousal support. And I am a SAHM.
  • SweetPea2004

My s/o mom has to pay over $1800 out of her retirement for her exdh who is perfectly capable of working it burns me up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SweetPea2004:

I don't really either,,,I can just see it in some circumstances. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts