Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
xtina8817
My SO keeps calling me Robo Cop...
January 19, 2013 at 5:01 AM
I've been having irregular heart beats over the past few weeks. I'm pregnant and I hear that's a thing - so I wasn't worried. It was like one 5 minute interval of what felt like my heart skipping every 4th beat, and it only happened like ever 3-4 days. Well a few days ago it increased. A lot. Tuesday it happened 3 times in a span of 2 hours - and that shit hurts. My heart pounds really hard, my chest hurts, and I feel sick after. The next day it happened at work twice and I had to sit down til it stopped. Went to the ER after and they did some tests, and told me to run in Friday to grab a 24 hour holster monitor.

Let me tell you. This mother fcker is sexy. 5 wires strapped to my chest and a 2 foot cord running to the worlds largest and oldest looking beeper lol AND if it doesn't catch any beat skips, I have to get a 3 day one, and then a 30 day one. I have 11 hrs left with this thing and my hearts behaved so far. It needs to skip! Just one damn time so I don't have to do this again!!

My SO keeps referring to me as stupid characters. "I've always fantasized about a sexy female RoboCop"
"Too bad it isn't Halloween, you could go as Tron"
:-|

Replies

• baquick
    by baquick
    January 19, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    I hope all is well!

But that is kinda funny lol
  • NBean311
    January 19, 2013 at 5:04 AM

What a wiener! They always think they are sooooo funny. 

I hope your heart starts cooperating. Palpitations can be scary. 

• xtina8817
    January 19, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    Lol it is...he's such a dork. I'm not too worried about it, but better safe than sorry!! I've never had issues with my heart before :-/
  • Pink.Frosting
    January 19, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Ugh, my daughter had to wear one of those things for 24 hours and then it would automatically beep and turn itself off.  So she was miserable with it for 24 hours, it beeped and we took it off.  But then when we turned it back into the doctor's office they called us saying it only recorded for 8 hours, so it didn't really do any good.  Gah!  So I never trust that those things aren't going to blink out on you, lol.  I hope they find what they need and you don't have to wear it for longer.

• xtina8817
    January 19, 2013 at 5:06 AM
    Quoting NBean311:

What a wiener! They always think they are sooooo funny. 

I hope your heart starts cooperating. Palpitations can be scary. 

We got into bed and he was like "Tell me we can play doctor. PLEASE!?" no. I hate you hahaha and thank you :-)
  • NanaMomo
    January 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    I remember I wore a heart monitor for 24 hours I believe. Not once did my heart act up! It was frustrating.

And if your name is christina its funny cuz that's my name too :)
  • xtina8817
    January 19, 2013 at 5:08 AM
    Quoting NanaMomo:

I remember I wore a heart monitor for 24 hours I believe. Not once did my heart act up! It was frustrating.

And if your name is christina its funny cuz that's my name too :)

It iiiiiis!!! :-D Did you have to wear one because your pregnancy was causing it or was it like...a completely different time??
  • NanaMomo
    January 19, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    Lol cool :)

No mine was when I was younger, a teenager. I was having a lot of weird symptoms heart palpitations being one. I never did find out why and it eventually stopped.

Aside from your heart, hows your pregnancy going? :)
  • tyner_brylee
    January 19, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    Does your heart also beat really fast too? Cause back in October my heart was racing for no reason and it kept skipping beats which hurt like hell. So i went to the hospital to get it checked out and it turns out that i have a Sinus Tachycardia.

When i got to the hospital my bpm was 160 and it should only be between 70 and 90 bpm. " bpm = beats per minute". I was on the verge of cardiac arrest if they didn't get my heart rate down quickly.

Btw i am only 29.
  • xtina8817
    January 19, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    Quoting NanaMomo:

Lol cool :)

No mine was when I was younger, a teenager. I was having a lot of weird symptoms heart palpitations being one. I never did find out why and it eventually stopped.

Aside from your heart, hows your pregnancy going? :)

Awesome :-) almost 13 weeks. Its my 2nd but SOs first and he is like going nuts. Always all over my belly. We can feel where the baby is, but can't feel it move yet. I'm so excited to see his face the first time he can feel it :-)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts