Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
at last the economy has hit us...help! :(
by Anonymous
January 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM
So my dhs awesome new job just layed off pretty much anyone thats been there less then a year.

:(

Were already behind on bills from me being on bedrest/maternity leave

I already called my work and told them to if theres any call ins to call me first.

Dh and i both are going to the plasma clinic in the morning

Weve started craigslisting things.

Were calling in the morning to cancel netflix and internet...after one last night of movie marathons

Then spending the weeking applying everywhere

We can use any and all tips on supplementing income

Also i have an account set up that automaticly takes 200$ a month out of my pay check into a savings account i cant touch and they give me s check for the balance. Would it be wiser to continue this account or stop it so we have the extra 200$ each month

Called to Cancel home internet and netflix today. They shut it off in a couple days they talked me into finishing off the billing cycle. My dd is going to be pissed but she needs to seriously cut down on the screen time anyway.

Any ideas for indoor winter activities?

I calculated it out and between dh and i we spend about 150$ a month on soda! Thats crazy! Time start liking water. Or finding cheaper pop

Replies

• 3xangel
    by 3xangel
    January 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    Sorry :-(

I think you're doing everything you possibly can, but I think it would be wise to stop the $200 until you guys get everything under control.
  • BazingaMama
    January 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM
    I would definitely stop the $200 until you guys are more financially secure. Have you guys tried temp agencies? We went through and are still going through a similar experience since September. My husband was let go and has been working temp jobs since. It's at a much lower amount (about 1/3 of what he was making before) but they keep him busy. I've become very frugal because of this and we're making it work but barely. Also, taxes are coming up so hopefully you guys will get some back and that can help you with bills. I'm sending positive vibes your way for things to work out!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM
    Dude i total forgot about tax refund!
    We dont get much back but hey anything helps right

Quoting BazingaMama:

I would definitely stop the $200 until you guys are more financially secure. Have you guys tried temp agencies? We went through and are still going through a similar experience since September. My husband was let go and has been working temp jobs since. It's at a much lower amount (about 1/3 of what he was making before) but they keep him busy. I've become very frugal because of this and we're making it work but barely. Also, taxes are coming up so hopefully you guys will get some back and that can help you with bills. I'm sending positive vibes your way for things to work out!
  • thetrollcat
    January 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM

sell your house, down grade, sell cars you owe on, down grade, sell anything you cant really afford and down grade.

Welcome to our life 4 years ago

• Bknotnobody
    January 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    If you can sell stuff try that too. Facebook yardsale pages for your county probably exist, saves on gas :-) when you go to sell
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    We were already planning on selling the house and downgrading after my maternity leave we realized we need something with a little more financial safety room but dont you need ti have money to sell your house...closing cost and fixing things??

Quoting thetrollcat:

sell your house, down grade, sell cars you owe on, down grade, sell anything you cant really afford and down grade.

• Kmakksmom
    January 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I'd stop the $200 a month savings until y'all get back on your feet.  I'm sorry you are in this position.  It sounds like you are doing everything you can.

• thetrollcat
    January 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM

that can be taken out at the time of the house sales out of your check you get for the price of your house once you sell it.

My hubby is a realtor, so selling/buying houses for us is cheaper than it is for you, we also find ways around things.

Quoting Anonymous:

We were already planning on selling the house and downgrading after my maternity leave we realized we need something with a little more financial safety room but dont you need ti have money to sell your house...closing cost and fixing things??

Quoting thetrollcat:

• BazingaMama
    January 19, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Exactly! It's surprising how far you can stretch a little bit of money when you really need to!  There's always Food Stamps and WIC to help with food and Medicaid for insurance.  Prepaid phones are cheaper than contracts.  We have Boost and we pay $80 for me and my husband compared to the $250 I was paying for with Verizon.  Also, if you have Medicaid or Food Stamps I think they will send you an application to get a free phone with a certain amount of free minutes.  Coupons help stretch money...they work best when you only need to buy one of something and you need that item.  Coupons.com and Couponsuzy.com are good sites to print off of.  We leave the heat off during the day to help save on our bill (we live in Georgia so it doesn't get too cold here during the day, lol).  And definitely try a bunch of different temp agencies too.  They don't pay much but it's at least something coming in! That's all I can think of off the top of my head to help you guys save money.  I hope this helped a little.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dude i total forgot about tax refund!
    We dont get much back but hey anything helps right

Quoting BazingaMama:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 19, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I wouldn't sell the house THAT quickly.  Didn't your husband just lose his job today?  I would give it a month to see if he can find another job at least.  You'll want the proof of income for your new house.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN