Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
BoxxyBabee
We just made a lifestyle change.
January 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM

DH and I are heavy. We just watched Supersize VS Superskinny on Youtube. We watched a few episodes.. and we realized (we've known this but never took action) we really need to start taking care of ourselves. We just threw ice cream away, dumped all the pop down the drain, thrown marshmallows, nutty bars, chips, whatever else we had that wasn't good for us, or that our body didn't need away.

I was first watching the episodes by myself and the DH saw them, I was about to turn it off because he is sensitive about his weight, but he wanted to keep watching, so we did. I'm so proud of him to take the initiative to throw all that crap away.

My nutrition teacher said if you really want to lose weight, have 134g of carbohydrates a day, no more. DH disagrees with this, but I'm going to do my research.

Replies

• BoxxyBabee
    January 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

BUMP!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    I knew you were a big girl!!! I freaking knew it!
  • BoxxyBabee
    January 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I knew you were a big girl!!! I freaking knew it!

LOL

• amandae21
    January 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM

sparkpeople.com - you have to check it out. 100% free. Awesome HEALTHY weight loss resource.

If you and DH are going to do it together, check out P90X!! DH and I lost a ton of weight together. It's really freakin hard exercise but you just start doing what you can and before you know it you're doing the whole video start to finish without stopping, then shortly after that you're really kicking some ass. Beach Body (the company that owns P90X) has a bunch of other awesome exercise programs.

Do it together and you'll succeed.

Don't bring junk in the house. Ever. I have made a habit of only eating junk when we're out... even the kids only get a sweet if we're out. The sweetest thing we eat at home is homemade smoothies or Trader Joes 100 calorie cookie packets (these are all natural, unlike the junk cookie packs loaded with additives and they don't even taste good).

Good luck!!

• calvinsmommy18
    January 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    good luck on your weight loss
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    Good for you for taking the first step. Keeping up with it is the hard part. Good luck!!

I think 134 is rather high for carb intake. We aim for only 60g.
  • mom2coco_noah

Good Luck!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Damn it could of sent that shit to my house

:P
  • JasonsMom2007
    January 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    good for you!
    if you really want to improve your health look into wheat and how bad it actually is for our bodies!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM

never heard of this show

i must investigate

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts