Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm Serious!
by Anonymous
January 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I feel stupid asking this but its partially my DH fault because when I ask him stuff when I really don't know the answers he laughs at me (such a dumbass) That is why I'm anon. because I know you ladies can be cruel to people like me.....

So, here is my issue: I know I'm dehydrated and I have been drinking fluids NON STOP but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. This has been a week now. When I was growing up when I got dehydrated I always had to go to the hospital and get fluids because I could never get myself back to that point I needed to be. This time around DH says to try it on my own. So water water water! Still nothing. I'm so weak still from the flu, my lips dry within a half a second of licking them and I feel like I'm going to throw up so I drink a sip of water and I feel better then it's back again, so I know I'm dehydrated.

My Question is: (Now really don't make fun) Couldn't I go to the hospital and tell them that I'm dehydrated or something and they will fix me right up? DH says they will look at me like a crazy chick and lock me up! lol. Seriously though I'm tired of drinking all of this water and nothing is improving.

Replies

• 2ltlmonkeyz
    January 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Try gatorade !

• mcclainprincess
    January 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    You need electrolytes. Get some gatorade.
  • mcclainprincess
    January 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    Lol. Get outta my noggin! ;-)

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Try gatorade !

• calvinsmommy18
    January 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    You can try some pedialyte. Maybe even mix it with water. If you've been vomiting and/or diarrhea for a few days you might want to go in and get checked out.
  • AllofFive19
    January 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

this

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

You can try some pedialyte. Maybe even mix it with water. If you've been vomiting and/or diarrhea for a few days you might want to go in and get checked out.

• mem82
    by mem82
    If you have tried everything else they'll give you an iv.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

No, you're not crazy.  They will give you an IV.  You're husband is the dumbass, not you. :)

• ElizabethGracie

They can give you fluids intravenously...but I would try drinking some Gatorade or even some Pedialyte first before going to the hospital because ER visits can be expensive and you'll be there all night...at least that's the way our ER works.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM

thanks! I went to the doctors today but I saw the Nurse Practitioner and she is new and seemed so nervous and just brushed me away so I was like whatever.. It's funny because I have yet to throw up  I come close a few times but I haven't but have the (ehh, embarrassing lol) diarrhea for a few days and it's funny she didn't even ask me if I had any of that or whatever. thanks again*

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

• momma4AJ
    January 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM

what they said...^^^^^

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts