Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Are you a pageant or dance mom?
by Anonymous
January 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Do you put your kids in beauty pageants or competitive dance? Why? Do your kids like it?

My mom forced me into both and I hate her for it. She would dress me up in costumes and take me to restaurants and force me to dance in between the tables. I couldn't even have fun in dance because she was also causing problems...telling the teachers all the time that they needed to give me bigger parts and telling the kids that I was better than them. No one wanted to be my friend.

I know if there are moms who put their kids in these programs they will say that they don't force them and their kids just looooove it. But how do you think your kids will really remember it?

Replies

• thetrollcat
    January 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

no but I was a dance teacher for over 26 years

• GhostlyLoki
    January 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I don't know if the shows they have on TV about these this portray the pageant and dance worlds accurately but what I gather from those are- Them bitches be fucking cray-cray.

Their kids are evil little monsters and all the mothers do is henpeck at every little thing to try and cause problems. Again, only going on TV here, but this is what I think.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    Don't you usually meow, troll cat? :)
  • thetrollcat
    January 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM

say what meow?

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't you usually meow, troll cat? :)

• 1plustwinsmommy
    January 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    My kids take dance classes, but not competitive dance. It's up to them after the first year whether they continue.
  • wrensong
    January 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM

God no. My poor cousin was made to be in every pageant that came along. I felt so bad for her. While the rest of us were busy being kids, she was off at rehearsal, modeling classes, dance classes, baton twirling classes ect

She never got to be a kid, she was her grandma's Barbie doll

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    Quoting GhostlyLoki:

I don't know if the shows they have on TV about these this portray the pageant and dance worlds accurately but what I gather from those are- Them bitches be fucking cray-cray.

Their kids are evil little monsters and all the mothers do is henpeck at every little thing to try and cause problems. Again, only going on TV here, but this is what I think.

It's really like that. Obviously they're reality shows so they look for drama and prod people to get a reaction (and in Dance Moms they script some parts) but it really is crazy.

If I didn't win a pageant, my mom would go and accuse all the other moms of paying and sleeping with the judges.
  • calvinsmommy18
    no, im a soccer mom
  • JayeC2
    by JayeC2
    January 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

My girls cheer competively, it's nearly the same.  We have kids who hate it but are there because mommy wasn't a cheerleader and wants their kid to be one....we have kids who are good but the parent thinks cheer is not worth their time.  My girls love it, oldest DD is only eligible for one more season and she's not sure if she can let it go - she's also going into sports med in college and wants to coach...younger DD wants a college scholarship and to compete there as well.

• maryjmom
    January 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM

My DD loved her pageants. We don't do them anymore, because they got too violent ( yes, violent. I will tell more in a minute ). DD was in a new pageant at least 4 times a month, and absolutely loved the attention and dressing up in all the glittery dresses. I never had to push her to do one. I would simply ask her if she wanted to do the pageant, and if she said yes, we did, and if she ever had of said  no, we wouldn't have done it.

The last few we did were entirely too violent. Some of the mom's got pissed because their DD didn't place as high as they wanted them too, and they got physical with the judges ( running up to the tables and hitting them, swinging at them, throwing things at them ). The little girls who did place high would get called names by these moms, and the kids would try to hit the girls who placed high because they were so upset that they didn't win anything.

DD would always place high, so without a doubt we left the pageant area for her safety. She misses doing them so much.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts