Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Roxygurl
Fart at work? YOU'RE FIRED!
January 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM
The official charge was "Conduct unbecoming a Federal employee." More specifically, "On September 7, 2012, and continuing, you disrupted the work floor by passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor."
A copy of the letter, along with a picture of the employee at an amusement park standing next to an actor in a Pepe Le Pew costume, was published on TheSmokingGun.com.
The letter included a timestamped log accurate to the minute, documenting 60 separate-gas passing incidents from the employee in his office in three months, or about 9 per day.
The average person passes gas 14 times per day.
Medical conditions such as Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and lactose intolerance, can cause sufferers to have chronic gas problems. The employee told management he was lactose intolerant.
"You have submitted medical evidence that you have some medical conditions," the letter read, "however, nothing that you have submitted has indicated that you would have uncontrollable flatulence. It is my belief that you can control this condition."
Several of the employee's coworkers in the "module," or work area, had complained to management about the smell. A supervisor, Deputy Division Director and a Module Manager all spoke with the employee on separate occasions about his need to control his flatulence.
"You said that you would try to pass gas and that you would turn your fan on when it happens," the Module Manager wrote of a discussion that took place on May 18, 2012. "I explained to you that turning on the fan would cause the smell to spread and worsen the air quality in the module."
On August 14th the employee promised to purchase "Gas X" in order to limit his gas output.
Another incident, dated August 15th, noted "you have continued to release the odor and it has become intolerable to work in the module creating a hostile work environment for all your coworkers."
The letter quoted guidelines from the "Annual Personnel Reminder" and "2012 SSA/AFGE National Agreement" which the Module Manager claimed the employee had violated, including "courtesy and consideration while dealing with coworkers" and "refrain from coercive, intimidating, loud or abusive behavior."
If the "misconduct" was continued after the reprimand letter, it could lead to "more severe disciplinary action...including, removal from federal service."

http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/01/11/16465654-flatulent-federal-workers-reprimand-is-rescinded#comments

Replies

• Roxygurl
    January 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    Bump
  • catrig
    by catrig
    January 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I'm sure it's not pleasant, but it's not like he's doing it on purpose.

• lovinthislife08
    January 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Wow...........

• NiCo86
    by NiCo86
    January 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM

IDK what to think about this. I feel sorry for that poor guy that was fired, but couldn't they have just gotten some sort of spray? or something??????

• gblossom
    January 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM

o.O

• Roxygurl
    January 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    He wasnt fired, he was reprimanded.

I'd like to know his side of the story though.

Quoting NiCo86:

IDK what to think about this. I feel sorry for that poor guy that was fired, but couldn't they have just gotten some sort of spray? or something??????

• siennasmamma
    January 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    Really? I mean come on.
  • vixen42
    by vixen42
    January 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

sounds like they don't like him and are using this to embarass him,i would love to send my brother there for one day these people would cry when he got done with them

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1

I thought if you were lactose intolerant you could just not eat and drink products with that in it and you would be ok,  is that not how it works?

• helema24

yuh but someone else would complain they are alergic to the spray he chose and then hed be fired for trying to smell spring time fresh.....

Quoting NiCo86:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN