Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
He is better than me because he WORKS!
by Anonymous
January 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I have been dealing with this for way too long. 10 years to be exact.I have been a sahm since 2004. (my wishes as well as his)

He basically tells me that he is better than me because he works and I sit at home and play.

He goes and does whatever, whenever because its his money, that he earned. I do not need a break from the kids becausse I am home all day. What do I need a break from? The TV?

If I go anywhere, I better not spend much money, if any. And I have to take the kids.

I need a job. I have a college degree for crying out loud. Even if I do get a job, I will still have to come home and do all the things he claims he shouldnt have to do because he works!

(And when I was working oh so long ago, it didnt compare, because he worked hard. I was a daycare teacher, so I got to sit in the air conditioning and play with the kids)

I feel an inch tall today.  :(

Replies

• kagegirl
    January 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Oh, them's fightin' words!!!

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    January 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Why are you still with a man that doesn't respect you? I'm not a SAHM but I do know that it's stressful and something I couldn't do.  

• Diamondblue1
    January 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    That's just selfish and cruel. I'm sorry you have to put up with that i would get a job just so you don't have to worry about spending his money at all if that's the case. You should tell him if he really feels that way then maybe he should find a woman that works just as hard as he does!! I hope you feel better you don't have to take that from him. I don't see how you put up with that for this long.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM

To be completely honest...Im scared. Not of him, but of what me and the kids are going to do. The change. the whole process. I just want to get a job, and be independent, so I dont have to worry about that.

Quoting owl0210:

Why are you still with a man that doesn't respect you? I'm not a SAHM but I do know that it's stressful and something I couldn't do.  

• nocalmegan
    January 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    Wow what a dick. I wouldn't put up with that. I'm a sahm right now but when I was working I was a daycare provider and it's hard work. Some days are extremely exhausting and emotionally draining.
  • Anonymous

Thanks.

i dont know how I have either.

Quoting Diamondblue1:

That's just selfish and cruel. I'm sorry you have to put up with that i would get a job just so you don't have to worry about spending his money at all if that's the case. You should tell him if he really feels that way then maybe he should find a woman that works just as hard as he does!! I hope you feel better you don't have to take that from him. I don't see how you put up with that for this long.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

All the chores and housework you do all day...stop doing them! Seriously, I would stop for a few days and see how he likes it! Go get the kids some damn chicken nuggets and let him fend for himself. I think I'm meaner than most people, so you maybe should not take my advice LOL...but he is an ass for saying that stuff to you!

• lil_momma_vdv
    January 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    Men dont understand staying at home is not as easy as it seems, luckily my SO understands because he did it last year. Unless they live in our shoes they just dont get it
  • Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I really have thought about showing him what watching tv and playing all day really looks like.

Quoting Anonymous:

All the chores and housework you do all day...stop doing them! Seriously, I would stop for a few days and see how he likes it! Go get the kids some damn chicken nuggets and let him fend for himself. I think I'm meaner than most people, so you maybe should not take my advice LOL...but he is an ass for saying that stuff to you!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    What you do is absolutely nothing.

Don't clean, don't do laundry, don't cook him dinner. Nothing.

When he asks why you are not doing anything, because you stay at home and "do nothing", reply, well since you say I don't do anything, I decided to actually do nothing.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts