Mom Confessions

Anonymous
What would you do in this situation? (True Story) UPDATED
by Anonymous
January 18, 2013 at 2:31 AM

What would you do? -- Earlier you in the day you had the wierd warmth feeling in your right foot. However you have had these before, and googled it and desn't sound serious -- You are laying down (using your laptop) and your arm "falls asleep" and gets all tingly (b/c of the way you were laying) -- You get up, and roughly 15 minutes later you notice a lump about the size of a quarter (maybe a little smaller, but it is large than a penny or dime) on your hand, in the vein area on your hand. It is very WIERD and freaky looking. YOU KNOW THE LUMP WAS NOT THERE 15 minutes ago b/c you woud have noticed it and it is so strange.  It is poking out like higher than a large mole would, I don't knw like 1/2 t 1/3 of an inch?  Your arm is also still a little tingly and yu have this wierd warm sensation in your arm So, what would you do? I will update what happened when I feel like it :) --

UPDATE: I went to the ER. I was afraid it was a blood clot. It is not, and I am okay but it looks WIERD

I am 5'2 and weigh 129 right nw (that is slightly overweight, I used t weight 180 though!)

WHen they found out I did not smoked the nurse basicalllly said theres's not way it could be a blood clot

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    I wouldn't Google. I would make an appointment with my chiropractor when he could fit me in and assume I hit my hand on something because I'm clumsy and unobservant like that.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 18, 2013 at 5:32 PM

You are correct - its a ganglion cyst. It's still here and very hideous :( It's just wierd that it grew in like 20-30 min

Quoting JacksMom1221:

Yes I am. What did the ER doc say it was?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you a nurse?

Quoting JacksMom1221:

Ganglion cyst, coupled with unrelated events? Maybe you've just overlooked the cyst before.

• zoeymama2012
    January 20, 2013 at 3:23 AM

I'm glad your ok and congratulations on weight lost!!!!

Mom Confessions