Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What would you do in this situation? (True Story) UPDATED
by Anonymous
January 18, 2013 at 2:31 AM

What would you do? -- Earlier you in the day you had the wierd warmth feeling in your right foot. However you have had these before, and googled it and desn't sound serious -- You are laying down (using your laptop) and your arm "falls asleep" and gets all tingly (b/c of the way you were laying) -- You get up, and roughly 15 minutes later you notice a lump about the size of a quarter (maybe a little smaller, but it is large than a penny or dime) on your hand, in the vein area on your hand. It is very WIERD and freaky looking. YOU KNOW THE LUMP WAS NOT THERE 15 minutes ago b/c you woud have noticed it and it is so strange.  It is poking out like higher than a large mole would, I don't knw like 1/2 t 1/3 of an inch?  Your arm is also still a little tingly and yu have this wierd warm sensation in your arm So, what would you do? I will update what happened when I feel like it :) --

UPDATE: I went to the ER. I was afraid it was a blood clot. It is not, and I am okay but it looks WIERD

I am 5'2 and weigh 129 right nw (that is slightly overweight, I used t weight 180 though!)

WHen they found out I did not smoked the nurse basicalllly said theres's not way it could be a blood clot

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Are you asking for advice or just trying to make a smart ass point?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you a nurse?

Quoting JacksMom1221:

Ganglion cyst, coupled with unrelated events? Maybe you've just overlooked the cyst before.

No I reallly wonder if she is a nurse
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM
    Uhhhh
  • Danapopcorn
    January 18, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I read that in a bitchy tone of voice, as if you were asking a rhetorical question. Probably because of your "when I feel like it" attitude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Are you asking for advice or just trying to make a smart ass point?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you a nurse?

Quoting JacksMom1221:

Ganglion cyst, coupled with unrelated events? Maybe you've just overlooked the cyst before.

No I reallly wonder if she is a nurse

• MammaMurphy
    January 18, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Poke at it. Slice into it? I don't know lol. 

• opal10161973
    January 18, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Not enough info, sorry.  It could be anything from a cyst to a blood clot.  I would need to know a lot more about medical history, recent history, family history, any other symptoms, meds you may be taking, even OTC, where you live, etc.  Too much is missing. 

• CV3
    by CV3
    January 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM

what color is it? Whats your hand look like? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CV3:

Pic?

Too lazy to post a pic, but about 3 times the size of a mosquito bite and slightly higher/taller than a mosquito bite, it the near the vein in my hand

• CMcLaws
    by CMcLaws
    January 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM
    So they told you what is isn't.....but not what it is?
  • nicmain
    by nicmain
    January 18, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    What did the er dr say?
  • JacksMom1221
    January 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    Yes I am. What did the ER doc say it was?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you a nurse?

Quoting JacksMom1221:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Could be a calcium deposit. I don't know how quickly they come on, but my uncle use to get them all the time. It's harmless and usually goes away on it's own, but if the ER didn't tell you what it was then I don't know.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts