Mom Confessions

thetrollcat
Question about iPad Apps!!! **UPDATE!!! *** iPad Users, READ ME!
January 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Ok so we got iPad (mini) for christmas from the inlaws to be shared with the family. However, enable to use the apps provided by iPad it requires you must have a valid credit card just to download FREE APPS (wtf?)

Anyone got ideas how you download apps without credit cards?

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!

http://technology.bsd-ri.net/ipad-tips/create-an-itunes-account-without-a-credit-card

No credit card for free apps YA!!!

Replies

• thetrollcat

BUMP!

• thetrollcat

BUMP!

• Danapopcorn
    January 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Pretty sure you just have to enter your information in. I did anyways. You can lock it to where you have to type in a password to purchase apps and you can block in app purchases (games that you pay money while playing them, but you don't always realize it cost actual money)

• Mrs.Pedro
    January 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    I didn't have to put one in. Or maybe I took it right off idk lol. So maybe you could try putting one on the account, then take it right back off after registration is done? Or get a cheapy gift card?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    You can't. You need to have your credit card info registered with apple.
  • thetrollcat

that is just stupid! I shouldnt have to put in my credit card to download free apps.

We also had this problem with iTunes as well. It is no wonder why I hate Apple products. Glad I went with an Android tablet instead.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Pretty sure you just have to enter your information in. I did anyways. You can lock it to where you have to type in a password to purchase apps and you can block in app purchases (games that you pay money while playing them, but you don't always realize it cost actual money)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Debit card?

• thetrollcat
    January 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I bought a prepaid card.. it was charging .89 cent fees on it! No one even bought anything! So now its down to 1.89 and refuses to accept that card....

I find it bullshit they want to randomly charge your card when most you download are free apps.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I didn't have to put one in. Or maybe I took it right off idk lol. So maybe you could try putting one on the account, then take it right back off after registration is done? Or get a cheapy gift card?

• Fields456
    You can't u have half to give a credit card or debit card. It protect apple ( itunes) incase you download an app that cost money. But in order to download even a free app u have to type in your password. However once u do that you can download many apps and have to close out before U have to type in your password again But there is no other way to do it. I have never had my card charged for anything that I didn't authorize. In 4 years
  • Danapopcorn

I agree you shouldn't have to, I don't get the point of it since its free. The apps go through iTunes so I think it is more of iTunes policy.

Quoting thetrollcat:

that is just stupid! I shouldnt have to put in my credit card to download free apps.

We also had this problem with iTunes as well. It is no wonder why I hate Apple products. Glad I went with an Android tablet instead.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Mom Confessions