Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I NEEED HELP!!!!! No sleep til the house is destroyed. *********EDITIED WITH PIC*******
by Anonymous
January 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM

old and a 15 month old.

The 3 year old will NOT stay in bed or her room at night. She will go to bed, then wake up around 3 or 4am. Then again arounf 5 or 6. IF she was quiet and just stayed in her room, I wouldnt mind. I cant fault her for not being able to sleep. But she gets up and wanders around our house SOOOOO quietly. She gets into everything! The worst part is we cannot hear a damn thing and only discover the aftermath the next morning.

Whats strange is her energy level despit her lack of sleep. UP THERE!!!!!

She doesnt nap at all. Goes to bed around 8:30 or 9am and despite how many times she wakes up, she up for the day around 6:30am. She used to have a TV in her room which she could watch at night, but she lost it for her out of control temper tantrums and being mean and not sharing with her little sister.

Any ideas?

*******k so this is best picture I could find of the archway. Its 84" across. We use these insulated curtains. Behind dh and 3 year old is the kitchen/laundry area. This is actually him putting her back to bed the first time we caught her!*********

Replies

• myloves.050709
    January 18, 2013 at 12:38 AM

door alarm, baby gate (there are some that as an adult I had a hard time opening, lol. or double gate it, one on top of the other.  Just make sure you get the good ones that can screw into the wall so it won't fall over.

• bustybee
    January 18, 2013 at 12:39 AM

my only other suggestions would be to lock her in (if she's potty trained leave a potty in her room) or to have one of you pull and all nighter and when you catch her sneaking out, spank her and put her back to bed, and repeat it until she learns to stay put.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shes too smart for that, she will find a way over or just take it down! She is a quick study. All she has to do it look at it for a minute or so, and she can get it down.

Quoting bustybee:

baby gate to keep her contained?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    I don't get why it is so hard to teach her not to leave her room until an adult gets her. My 3 year old knows. He snuck out of his room twice. the first time when we found him, he was very quiet, we had a talk with him. 'You don't leave your room and just sneak around the house it's a safety thing'. The second time he got a spanking, we spank for thing they do that are not safe, wondering the house like that there is no telling what she can manage to get her hands on, all it takes is a chair to get something off of the counter or worse yet what if she decided to go play outside?
  • christi34
    January 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Most kids know how to climb over these at this age. At leat mine did.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Baby gate idk.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    The beaded strings that people put in doorways, were big in the 70's or 80's. but put bells on the ends also. You could even make a project out of it and make them, it's great for hand I coordination at her age. But of you make them you have to make sure they aren't too far apart and she can't slip under them.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM

mine too! Well, the 15 month old is out, but I can hear the oldest humming!

Quoting ihave1:

lol yup.  30 minutes later and she is still awake. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol kindred spirits you and I!

Quoting ihave1:

its midnight here and my two year old is wide awake.  ugh  so here is a bump for you. 

• Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I like it!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

The beaded strings that people put in doorways, were big in the 70's or 80's. but put bells on the ends also. You could even make a project out of it and make them, it's great for hand I coordination at her age. But of you make them you have to make sure they aren't too far apart and she can't slip under them.

• CM_Junkie
    January 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
    The double baby gate was our only method of keeping our girls in their room. Once my girls walk they climb out of their cribs within a month. Then soon over the single gate. My three year old when she was about 20 mths (maybe younger) figured out that if she ran at the bottom gate and threw herself against it she could get it down. I cried that day lol.

Quoting chefmartha:

A Dutch door. I was thinking the same thing. If we hadn't been living in military housin when my kids were that age, I would have done that myself. My youngest used to do the samething if she felt it was time to be up. We used to have double baby gates up to keep her in during naptime. Although she was one of the ones that needed a nap or she was a monster from mid-afternoon on.

Quoting christi34:

No clue. My kids are totally opposite. They would stay up late and sleep in if possible. You might want to reconsider giving back her tv. That might help. It would be nice if places like Home Depot could sell those doors that can come open at the top half and the bottom half stayed closed. Like this:

• CM_Junkie
    January 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    I would be careful. Kids have gotten those wrapped around their necks before and I would hate for that to happen without someone catching it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I like it!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    January 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM

We did both those things in that order. She stopped for a few nights, then started back up. We did it again, she was at it again that night. We have multiple deadbolts on our front door, one I can hardly get open. We got those the first time this happened and we stack the chairs and stools on my bedside so she cant get to them for that very reason. Cleaning products and meds are locked in cabinets. We have adjusted to keep her as safe as we can with this, but a talking-to and a pow-pow didnt exactly do the trick.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't get why it is so hard to teach her not to leave her room until an adult gets her. My 3 year old knows. He snuck out of his room twice. the first time when we found him, he was very quiet, we had a talk with him. 'You don't leave your room and just sneak around the house it's a safety thing'. The second time he got a spanking, we spank for thing they do that are not safe, wondering the house like that there is no telling what she can manage to get her hands on, all it takes is a chair to get something off of the counter or worse yet what if she decided to go play outside?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts