Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Have you used Color Ooops??
by Anonymous
January 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Has anyone had any experience with it? The salon I went to messed up my hair yesterday so I went back and they said they fixed it but now it's green! Im pissed and freaking out...

Replies

• jbirdsladie27
    January 17, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    Damn... Can't say that's ever happened to me
  • -JC-
    by -JC-
    January 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    Yep. Works well. But it removes allll color. Deposited (dye) and natural. It will leave you will a really blah colorless hair. And then you have to redeposit color. I suggest heavy conditioning before recoloring.
  • annasew
    by annasew
    January 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM

damn. I went in to get my hair dyed a dark brown.  I specifically said no red.   Well My hair is a dark red that looks purple in the sun.   I told her flat out I hated it and that Id be back today for her to fix it and I would not be paying until it was what I asked for. 

• Perfect.Pixie
    January 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    No, but once I walked out looking like a leopard. This was a day before my husband came home from cruise. I was PISSED
  • KelliansMom
    January 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM

yes I have ..but it will strip all of the color out and you need to condition heavely after wards and wait a day or to to recolor the hair others wise it could be patching ...oh and open all windows that stuff smells gross and its a strong scent

• Krystle1216
    January 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    It does work but what color are you looking fot? If its a brown I eould suggest doing a brown with a. Reddish tone in it because the red cancels out the green. And vice versa.. im a colorist btw :)
  • Momtimestwo
    January 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    I have. When I used it, it only took out the hair dye color (although that was black) and left me with closer to my natural color (a lighter brown with grey lol).

I agree with a previous poster about deep conditioning. Plus, you'll need to go DARKER on your hair in order to not fry it. Choose a shade that's one or two shades lighter than what you want because your hair will soak up the next dye treatment. (Especially if done the same day)
  • Krystle1216
    January 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    she needs to use a green based color to cancel out the red. No your hair will not be green.

Quoting annasew:

damn. I went in to get my hair dyed a dark brown.  I specifically said no red.   Well My hair is a dark red that looks purple in the sun.   I told her flat out I hated it and that Id be back today for her to fix it and I would not be paying until it was what I asked for. 

• Momtimestwo
    January 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    I want you to do MY hair. Salons always mess it up and every color I use ends up giving it a red tint (except black). At this point, as long as it turns a normal color, I'm okay with it. Lol Although I'd like it back to just medium brown.

Quoting Krystle1216:

It does work but what color are you looking fot? If its a brown I eould suggest doing a brown with a. Reddish tone in it because the red cancels out the green. And vice versa.. im a colorist btw :)
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    I was a platinum blonde and I asked her for a more natural blonde. The top is golden but after the roots it's ashy and green :( So do you think instead of doing color ooops I should just dye it reddish brown or strip it first?

Quoting Krystle1216:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN