Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Have you used Color Ooops??
by Anonymous
January 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Has anyone had any experience with it? The salon I went to messed up my hair yesterday so I went back and they said they fixed it but now it's green! Im pissed and freaking out...

Replies

• Krystle1216
    January 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    well Im in NYC ... lol um a lot of stylist are licensed and pretty much do everything.. I do everything but im also a colorist so I know the chemistry behind the color im working with. For instince most browns have red tones.. the reason being is because most browns are warm which makes the eye see the red/gold in the color.. if you want a more basic brown with no warmth you would go with a base NB - Neutral Brown or something with an extra added ash tone to the color of your choice.. ash doesn't mean gray... it simply means there is a green undertone in the color and adding it to a warm brown with bring down the warmth in that color, as green cancels red.. there is a color wheel, on the color wheel are all your primary, secondary, and tertiary colors.. the color directly across from any color on the wheel is that colors eliminator.. just a lil fyi if you need help explaining what you want wherever you go. Lol

[quote name="Momtimestwo" id="0"][/quote
  • Krystle1216
    January 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    I would not strip it.. 1 im over internet i cant physically feel the condition of your hair.. but are your ends wherr the color is greenish are they dry or mushy.. that would leed me to believe you are over processed on your ends and you may have a hard time getting any color to hold. . Because once the hair is over processed It looses its ability to hold color.. the hair shaft has cuticles similar to shingles on a roof.. once the color is put on the developer used is what opens the cuticle the color then attaches to the hair and expands holding onto the hair the cuticle shuts and thats how the hair holds the color.. if your over processed you hair doesnt have the ability to hold color.. any color really.. and will give you that greenish look, reason being is because the hair cannot shut the cuticle to hold that color molecule in place so it "falls out" (the color not the hair).. if thats the case you need to be adding proteins and doing lots of treatments before rr coloring.. what condition is your hair in now?

Quoting Anonymous:

• Melissa_4
    January 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I have.  I would suggest going back again and speaking to either the manager or the owner before taking matters into your own hands.

Color Oops works by making the hair porous enough to rinse out the last color molocules to be added.  It will leave your hair very porous and dry, but it does work.  If your hair has turned green, they've used the wrong tone on your hair.  

• Krystle1216
    January 17, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    Quoting Momtimestwo:

well Im in NYC ... lol um a lot of stylist are licensed and pretty much do everything.. I do everything but im also a colorist so I know the chemistry behind the color im working with. For instince most browns have red tones.. the reason being is because most browns are warm which makes the eye see the red/gold in the color.. if you want a more basic brown with no warmth you would go with a base NB - Neutral Brown or something with an extra added ash tone to the color of your choice.. ash doesn't mean gray... it simply means there is a green undertone in the color and adding it to a warm brown with bring down the warmth in that color, as green cancels red.. there is a color wheel, on the color wheel are all your primary, secondary, and tertiary colors.. the color directly across from any color on the wheel is that colors eliminator.. just a lil fyi if you need help explaining what you want wherever you go. Lol

Dont know what happened before dont think it quoted you..
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    My hair is dry but the last time I bleached it was about 8 months ago. My hair is long though it's a little past my bra strap. I just feel desperate to get it any normal color.

Quoting Krystle1216:

I would not strip it.. 1 im over internet i cant physically feel the condition of your hair.. but are your ends wherr the color is greenish are they dry or mushy.. that would leed me to believe you are over processed on your ends and you may have a hard time getting any color to hold. . Because once the hair is over processed It looses its ability to hold color.. the hair shaft has cuticles similar to shingles on a roof.. once the color is put on the developer used is what opens the cuticle the color then attaches to the hair and expands holding onto the hair the cuticle shuts and thats how the hair holds the color.. if your over processed you hair doesnt have the ability to hold color.. any color really.. and will give you that greenish look, reason being is because the hair cannot shut the cuticle to hold that color molecule in place so it "falls out" (the color not the hair).. if thats the case you need to be adding proteins and doing lots of treatments before rr coloring.. what condition is your hair in now?

Quoting Anonymous:

• amandae21
    January 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I don't recommend it if you want your hair looking any kind of healthy afterward. You've already processed it twice in the last two days, and stuff like color oops is really strong.

Just go get a box of brown hair dye from the grocery store. (I'm assuming you got a bad blonde job since it's pretty hard to turn brown hair green.) Have you considered using a toner? Those are pretty harmless too.

• do11face
    January 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Yes, I've used it.

It works ok. It can lift out the color enough to dye it again.
    It smells atrocius!!

• Krystle1216
    January 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Again I can't see it myself but if you did a bleach soap cap which is powder lightener and shampoo 1, you just quickly massage that through your ends where it's green and it will lift out the color... Color oops is not a good thing for you particular case.. You have to be careful as to not do anymore damage.. Or you will give yourself a chemical hair cut.. But I would do a soap cap

Edit: even better if you got a professional to do it

Quoting Anonymous:

My hair is dry but the last time I bleached it was about 8 months ago. My hair is long though it's a little past my bra strap. I just feel desperate to get it any normal color.

Quoting Krystle1216:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts