Mom Confessions

Italiancouture7
worried :(
January 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM

DH and I are currently TTC baby #2. With my first pregnancy I had SEVERE morning sickness, to the point where my doctor prescribed me the anti nausea meds they give to cancer patients. Well that didnt work. During my first pregnancy I weighed 115 at start, during the pregnancy I only gained 13 lbs that could be tracked due to the severe morning sickness. So I obviously lost alot of weight during that first trimester. Well after having baby I got back down to my normal weight of 103 which is what I was before I gained that freshman 15 lol. But I have remained that weight for the last 4 years and now I start thinking about this next possible pregnancy. What will I do if I have that morning sickness again?? I couldnt keep ANYTHING down, im scared of losing more weight which would put me underweight. Im just scared of what that would do to the baby and my health.

Replies

• mom2priceboys
    January 17, 2013 at 7:38 AM

so maybe put on some weight now to prepare for the loss from the first trimester???

• Italiancouture7
    January 17, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Quoting mom2priceboys:

so maybe put on some weight now to prepare for the loss from the first trimester???

Im trying but I have a very high metabolism and its very hard for me to gain weight. After I had DD my metabolism kicked into high gear. I cant seem to gain more than 3 lbs.

• Ideal_Lady
    January 17, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    I was 119 when I got pregnant with my first and severe morning sickness put me down to 108 and I'm 5'9 so I already started out underweight. 8 years later I got pregnant again and my morning sickness wasn't nearly as bad. Every pregnancy is different. I had 2 very healthy babies.
  • alyssaravensmom
    January 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    My friend is currently pregnant. With both her pregnancys she's had that hyper premises. She's 6 months along and not as bad as it was in the beginning. But she still throws up quite a bit.
  • alphamom26
    January 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Hang in there :) I am not a lightweight by any means, but I had very bad morning sickness with my 2nd pregnancy and gained very little. My DD was still a very healthy, 9 pound moose baby :) I actually had to be induced at 41 weeks because she was refusing to come out, lol :)

My 1st pregnancy I was a little sick,but nothing like my 2nd. Every pregnancy is different, I'm sure you'll be okay. The hardest part about being so sick with the 2nd baby was that I still had to take care of my DS (and he was only 9 mos. old) even though I was really sick. If you do get sick, maybe ask a friend/family member to help you out during the worst part of your day so you can get some rest. Good luck!!

• theCMtroll82
    January 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM

this part i can relate to, it is hard for me to gain weight as well. I had morning sickness too, and it suckeeed. I feel your pain.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Im trying but I have a very high metabolism and its very hard for me to gain weight. After I had DD my metabolism kicked into high gear. I cant seem to gain more than 3 lbs.

• tyner_brylee
    January 17, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    With my son i had no morning sickness at all, with my daughter i was sick the whole time and now with baby #3 on the way nothing at all
  • aiyess
    by aiyess
    January 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    Each pregnancy is different. Try and gain some weight while you are TTC. Good luck :).
  • gypsy30
    by gypsy30
    January 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I had severe morning sickness for 9 months with both my kids, but it wasn't just in the morning.  With my first, I was hospitalized and hydrated several times, and then put on bed rest.  I couldn't keep anything down and lost a lot of weight.  The doctors were concerned.  In the end, I only gained 20 pounds.  With my second baby, I was sick all over again, but it didn't get quite as bad the second time around but I only gained 20 pounds that time too.  I had the anti-nausea drugs too, but they didn't help.  I threw up the prenatel vitamins everytime I took one, so I didn't get many of them in my system either.  But both my babies were healthy.  My doctor, both times, finally told me to eat and drink whatever I could, whatever it took, to get food in me.  It's really weird, but I found that Coke helped settle my stomach and I drank a lot of it when I was pregnant.  Coke and cheese pizza.  In fact, I think that's all I ate and drank for the last few months of my first.

• GrimmLotus
    January 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I am sure you and the baby would be fine. I see underweight people have babies all the time. Was your last baby healthy?

Mom Confessions