Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How do you lose weight when you're broke?
by Anonymous
January 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I love to eat healthy, but we're flat out broke. I can't afford a lot of healthy food, and what I can afford goes to the kids so they can stay healthy. We're at the point where all we can afford is ramen and pork n' beans (not literally but we're just about to that point). Fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains aren't an option for us, and it sucks. Does anyone know what to do?

ETA: My dad bought a yearly membership to a local gym for me for Christmas. It's helped, but I want to eat healthy to progress the weight loss faster. I exercise five days a week at the gym and walk thirty minutes on weekends with the kids.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Exercise at home? I'm pretty sure that's free.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 15, 2013 at 11:15 PM

If you don't eat you will lose weight

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 15, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Exercise more.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 15, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Food stamps? WIC?

• vwd_johnson
    January 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    Work out at home. Start a garden..
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM

my family and i are in the same boat

• NewMamaBoo
    January 15, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Lettuce is cheap. Workout with your canned goods as weights. Eat smaller meals. Try grocery outlet you can get 3 lbs of brown rice for 88cents. Clip coupons, go on walks... 

• Mrs.Bryant1201
    January 15, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Water is free. And start shopping at the farmers market and local produce stands. Where do you live?

• mommy2twoboys46
    January 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Drink lots and lots of water. You should be able to get WIC even if you don't qualify for food stamps. Exercise. Watch portion sizes.

• Cynthje
    by Cynthje
    January 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM

There are a lot of veggies and fruits that are cheap, look into frozen veggies. There is so much you can do even on a small budget. You dont need money to excersize, walking is free! 

A pan of rice and beans is so cheap and can be very very healthy!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts