Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
reaandiziesmama
UMMMM REALLY son?
January 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM

So tonight I was getting things ready to sit down and do the nightly reading session with DD, she is in 1st and has too read to me for at least ten minutes a night and read at least 20 books a month. Well while I was getting things ready, ds, who is 5 and in prek (just turned 5 in Nov so missed the K cutoff this year) picked up her reader and READ THE WHOLE DANG BOOK!!! He only stumbled like twice and sounded the word out himself. I just stood there staring at him. I knew he knew a few site words but had no CLUE he could read like that. Well I guess I will be reading with two every night lol

Replies

• AmyRenee1
    January 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    Aww. smart boy.
  • BEXi
    by BEXi
    January 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Awesome!!!! My son is 5, but doesnt know how to read yet.. We're working on sight words.

• peanutsmommy1
    January 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    Is it a book he has heard over and over? Im not saying he didnt read it, but knowing a whole book does not always = reading it
  • reaandiziesmama
    January 14, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I had no clue he was really even close. I mean I knew that he was in the highest reading group in his preK but not that he, honestly, can read almost just as good as his 1st grade sister.

Quoting BEXi:

Awesome!!!! My son is 5, but doesnt know how to read yet.. We're working on sight words.

• reaandiziesmama
    January 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM

No, It was a brand new one she just brought home. She gets a "bring home bag" every Monday with three new books we are too read over and over through the week. She hadn't even started yet. If this had been like Wednesday I would have thought he was just reciting it.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Is it a book he has heard over and over? Im not saying he didnt read it, but knowing a whole book does not always = reading it

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN