Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LavenderMom23
Why just Christians?
January 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I see a lot of posts on CM asking Christians to explain this or that or to defend their rights over and over again...Where are the posts about other religions on CM? How come no one asks pagans to explain why they mutilate cats and leave them for dead outside pretty suburban neighborhoods? Or asking the Muslims why they feel anyone who leaves thier faith deserves their version of Hell? Or asking the Hindus what is so powerful about a genetically mutated elephant? You get my point?

I'm tired of Christians being the target from other faiths, all the while whining that Christains are the favored religion in our country.

Replies

• gizmo538
    January 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I would think it's because of certain Christian "hypocrites". You can't preach to someone about God and then turn around and live your life in sin, and a lot of Christians that I know of, do this (when I say "you", I don't mean you specifically).

Look at the Westboro Baptist Church and their rainbow posters with hateful slogans of, "God hates fags" and "I thank God for dead soldiers" that they wave around at the funerals of fallen soldiers and children.

I don't think it's right to judge all Christians based on the actions of extremists and hypocrites, but there's precious little I can do to change it.

• sha_lyn68
    January 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

No, you have been saying that they are not Christians. All of the denominations I listed are denominations of the Christian religion. There are hundreds of Christian denominations. Just because they have differences does not mean that they are not a part of Christianity.

You have said that no Christians go door to door right after you talk about a Christian denomination (Jehovah Witnesses) that goes door to door.

Quoting harehelper:

I have been saying all along that the reason for not calling all these denominations by the same name is because of their differences.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Who said that they are all the same or that they are all just alike? You are the one falsely assuming that all Christians must believe the exact same thing for them to be considered Christians.

Quoting harehelper:

Ok. *shrug* People tell me lots of things. Doesn't mean I need to agree.

Can you answer this for me? If Catholicism, JWs, Mormons etc are all the same, why do they have different names? If we are all just alike, why are there denominations at all?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I'm not the only one who has tried telling you numerous times that Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons etc are Christian. We've even given you links to websites from these various Christian denominations that assert the fact that they are Christian. You seem to be under the impression that you get to decide who is Christian and who is not.

You also seem to have missed the fact that just because I am not longer a Christian, I was one for 35 years,  I've been "in the house" and I've "seen al the rooms". Your denomination of Christianity (which BTW I don't believe you've ever named) is not the only one.

Quoting harehelper:

Yes, we have had this discussion before. The question had a point, you just hadn't gotten it yet. So here it is: You were arguing with me the other day that all Catholics are Christian. I disagree, of course. JWs are not Christian either, and they do go door to door. So since you are not Christian, or JW, or Catholic etc. then why do you feel that you can tell me how any of these religions work, especially my own? You couldn't look in the window of a house and know what all the rooms look like. You also can't be on the outside of a religion and understand it.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

You know fully well that I am not from previous discussions that we have had. Why are you asking an irrlevent question instead of answering mine?

You claim that you've never seen any Christians that go door to door.... Then do tell us, who have you seen go door to door other than Christians? Atheist don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to atheism. Muslims don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to Islam. Buddhists don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to Buddhism. So then do tell us, who goes door to door other than Christians?

Quoting harehelper:

Are you Christian?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Can you name on religion other than a Christian denomination that goes door to door? Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and Baptists all tend to go door to door to spread the word of God.

Quoting harehelper:

Christians can't damn you to hell. Only God can do that.

Really? I have never seen any Christians that go door to door, and did you miss the JWs?

Have you also missed the enormous banners that atheists have posted mocking Christianity in places like New York?

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I think its because the xtains are the only ones that will damn you to hell in public and think they are doing a good thing.

They are the only religion I have ever found to go around knocking on peoples doors and thinking they are above the law to do so even when the property is posted.

They are the only religion I have found that wants to force their belief on everyone. They are the only religion that feels it should be EVERYWHERE.

The other religions you mention are all calm and peaceful. Maybe some of the xtains can learn from them??

• harehelper
    January 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Why does this bother you so much, anyway? Is there a particular reason you feel the need to try and change how I feel?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

No, you have been saying that they are not Christians. All of the denominations I listed are denominations of the Christian religion. There are hundreds of Christian denominations. Just because they have differences does not mean that they are not a part of Christianity.

You have said that no Christians go door to door right after you talk about a Christian denomination (Jehovah Witnesses) that goes door to door.

Quoting harehelper:

I have been saying all along that the reason for not calling all these denominations by the same name is because of their differences.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Who said that they are all the same or that they are all just alike? You are the one falsely assuming that all Christians must believe the exact same thing for them to be considered Christians.

Quoting harehelper:

Can you answer this for me? If Catholicism, JWs, Mormons etc are all the same, why do they have different names? If we are all just alike, why are there denominations at all?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I'm not the only one who has tried telling you numerous times that Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons etc are Christian. We've even given you links to websites from these various Christian denominations that assert the fact that they are Christian. You seem to be under the impression that you get to decide who is Christian and who is not.

You also seem to have missed the fact that just because I am not longer a Christian, I was one for 35 years,  I've been "in the house" and I've "seen al the rooms". Your denomination of Christianity (which BTW I don't believe you've ever named) is not the only one.

Quoting harehelper:

Yes, we have had this discussion before. The question had a point, you just hadn't gotten it yet. So here it is: You were arguing with me the other day that all Catholics are Christian. I disagree, of course. JWs are not Christian either, and they do go door to door. So since you are not Christian, or JW, or Catholic etc. then why do you feel that you can tell me how any of these religions work, especially my own? You couldn't look in the window of a house and know what all the rooms look like. You also can't be on the outside of a religion and understand it.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

You know fully well that I am not from previous discussions that we have had. Why are you asking an irrlevent question instead of answering mine?

You claim that you've never seen any Christians that go door to door.... Then do tell us, who have you seen go door to door other than Christians? Atheist don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to atheism. Muslims don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to Islam. Buddhists don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to Buddhism. So then do tell us, who goes door to door other than Christians?

Quoting harehelper:

Are you Christian?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Can you name on religion other than a Christian denomination that goes door to door? Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and Baptists all tend to go door to door to spread the word of God.

Quoting harehelper:

Really? I have never seen any Christians that go door to door, and did you miss the JWs?

Have you also missed the enormous banners that atheists have posted mocking Christianity in places like New York?

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I think its because the xtains are the only ones that will damn you to hell in public and think they are doing a good thing.

They are the only religion I have ever found to go around knocking on peoples doors and thinking they are above the law to do so even when the property is posted.

They are the only religion I have found that wants to force their belief on everyone. They are the only religion that feels it should be EVERYWHERE.

The other religions you mention are all calm and peaceful. Maybe some of the xtains can learn from them??

• sha_lyn68
    January 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I hate ignorance. It isn't how you "feel", you are denying cold hard facts. If you want to remain uneducated, so be it, but I refuse to let your ignorance stand uncorrected for others to see and possibly believe.

Quoting harehelper:

Why does this bother you so much, anyway? Is there a particular reason you feel the need to try and change how I feel?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting harehelper:

Are you Christian?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting harehelper:

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

• jessedark
    January 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Pagans...I suppose you are referring to Wiccans, they do not murders animals it goes against their Rede, Law Of Return, they forbid themselves to harm any living creature or the Return, that which you send out returns threefold on the sender.And according the Satanic Bible author Anton LaVey, it is written no true Satanist shall ever harm a child or an animal, it is forbidden to do so.But look through YOUR Bible and you will see rape, incest, murder among other atrocities.So learn of which you speak and make an informed argument.Don't just talk shit about other religions you obviously know nothing about.My apologies if one or more members have pointed this out.I chose Wicca and Satanism, because both are misunderstood religions.Plus religion aside you are a fucking waste of space if you harm and animal or child, in the name of religion or not! 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN