Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you think children's names affect what kind of job they will have?
by Anonymous
January 14, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Children with names funny names. Oddly spelled names? Ect.

Replies

• anikahaynes1
    January 14, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    Lol. You have a point.

It's on uh cuh

Quoting ihave1:

Well it isnt something like  DSHEOTL;GD  or what ever.  I think you know what I mean.  lol  How do you say your name?

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Not being snarky. But can you? I'd say only .5% of people say it right.

Quoting ihave1:

I can pronounce it, so yes. 

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Would you have hired me with my name? Anika?

Quoting ihave1:

I have pasted on hiring people before b/c I could not pronounce their name. 

• Anonymous 12
    by Anonymous 12
    January 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM
    Well our president is named Barack....
  • Momniscient
    January 14, 2013 at 2:26 AM
    I think names can have an impact.
  • Anonymous 13
    by Anonymous 13
    January 14, 2013 at 2:28 AM

I don't know. Jeeves basically only has one job lined up for him, though, I think. :)

• Anonymous 14
    by Anonymous 14
    January 14, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    Yes espcially if their name is dalashaqueefa
  • Anonymous 14
    by Anonymous 14
    January 14, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    Or freakin ka'shayla
  • GigantaursMommy
    January 14, 2013 at 3:21 AM

There was already a study that proved it did.

• Anonymous 15
    by Anonymous 15
    January 14, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Absolutely. Who would hire a lawyer named Bubba? And, very few carpententers can pull off Galahad or Ethelbert. Just saying.

• Anonymous 16
    by Anonymous 16
    January 14, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Yep. I'm not going to hire someone with the name Tasheka, Tyqueria or Tichina. It's my business, and I can hire whomever I see fit.

• Jebekarue
    January 14, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I think its rediculous some of the names these people come up with for their kids, there is even a youtube video rap about baby names and how outrageous they are.  I think they have one for girls and one for boys.

People need to understand that not only will this child have issues spelling it so will the teachers, not to mention trying to pronounce it.  Of course the child will be able to pronounce it they hear it multiple times a day at home from birth.  When you have 5 kids in your class named Laqueesha and all of them are spelled differently is probably enough to rip your hair out at the roots.  then the stars who name their kids Apple, and Kal-El

of course there is the joke I saw the other day (posted it on another post also)

A woman brings her baby into the daycare for the first time, she fills out the forms.  The lady looks over the paperwork and cannot figure out how to pronounce the girls name.  So she comes out with the closest thing she could think of and says does Lea have any allergies or anything and the woman says her name ain't Lea its Le-a

pronounced LADASHA, the dash be spoke, not spelt

These people need to really think long and hard on how a name is going to sound on their kid when they are 40 years old with kids of their own and their name is jaqueeria, meconium (my mother heard it in the hospital bed next to her when she gave birth to my oldest sister in 1959, the woman next to her loved the word and named her baby boy meconium).

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts