Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Coupon Win!!
by Anonymous
January 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I am not an extreme couponer but I do coupon. I don't have stores that double coupons around my area. However!

Here is an example of a great deal for those who don't believe its worthwhile.

These razors at retail price are $7.99/each.

They were on sale at Albertsons for $4.99 (3.00 off.)

I had two buy one get one free coupons from the Sunday paper (I think from the last couple of weeks) for this exact azor. So what I would have normally paid $31.96 + taxes I ended up paying 9.98 + taxes. So roughly 2.49 a piece. A 70% savings!!!

These are going to be stocking stuffers for Christmas!

Replies

• Lilred57
    January 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    Awesome!! I need to get better with couponing. I'm excited when I save $18 lol
  • haileys_mommy06
    January 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    Sweet! I love scoring deals like that!
  • brittany208
    January 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM

yay! I coupon a little too. We too have a small stash of razors I got for free or made money off of.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    Bump!
  • MixedCooke
    January 14, 2013 at 2:35 AM

yeah that is my problem though is i cut them and then by the time I go through them again, they have expired.  I will say I had coupons for hair gel and then they were on sale for buy 1 get one free and well I bought 12 for like maybe $6 and have yet to buy anymore since last year!

• JasonsMom2007
    January 14, 2013 at 2:39 AM
    I live too far from town to coupon. it would cost me more in gas than I would save especially since we have dietary restrictions and sensitive skin.
    coupons aren't for everybody.
    besides I use a safety razor and so does hubby. it's so cheap and works so much better.
  • CocoBeen
    January 14, 2013 at 2:41 AM
    Safety Razor?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I live too far from town to coupon. it would cost me more in gas than I would save especially since we have dietary restrictions and sensitive skin.

besides I use a safety razor and so does hubby. it's so cheap and works so much better.
  • JasonsMom2007
    January 14, 2013 at 2:46 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/Parker-22R-Handle-Butterfly-Double/dp/B0017QSZY4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1358149387&sr=8-8&keywords=safety+razor
    I spent $40 on the razor and blades over a year ago and still have more blades.
    we typically buy these blades. they last quite a while
    http://www.amazon.com/Feather-Hi-Stainless-Platimum-Double-Blades/dp/B0022R947O/ref=sr_1_4?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1358149476&sr=1-4&keywords=feather+blAdes

Quoting CocoBeen:

Safety Razor?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

• Kmakksmom
    January 14, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Very cool!  I had a buy a certain razor free coupon a few weeks ago.  When I went to the store it was one of the nicer ones.  Schick Hydro Silk.  Looks like this:

With the coupon I saved $10.99.  It's a nice smooth shaving razor too :)

• wooly
    by wooly
    January 14, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I'm with you, I'd have to drive 30 miles down twisty turny mtn roads to get to the next town where they double coupons. I don't buy prepared food and i buy my shampoo and hair stuff at Sally's Beauty. I've heard of people getting coupons for meat and fresh foods, but other than Egglands Best Eggs which are 3 x as much as the store brand ones I've never seen them. 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts