Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Need to lose 100lbs - what diet has worked for you?
by Anonymous
January 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Just making a post to see what diet, in as much detail as you can provide, has helped you lose 20 or more pounds.

What diet? Daily calories, meals, exercise program, etc.
&& Start weight, finish weight, goal weight, time to lose, etc please =D

Post anon if you wish. THANKS LADIES <3

Replies

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM

sigh. sometimes, its picking UP the fork. Friday- i had nothing to eat at all. Saturday- i had a very small bowl of tortila (sp?) chips (prob 10 chips in all, no sauce). today- i had a small bowl of soup. i currently have no motivation or desire to eat. all that i did eat the last few days, its b/c i was forced to. now that everyone will be gone again during the week day, i'll prob be back to eating nothing at all.

Quoting vanellope:

Diets don't work. Lifestyle changes work. And putting down the fork

• Teacher101
    January 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    My Fitness Pal has been good for me thus far.
  • 3mommyandwifey
    January 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    No over eating. I was on weight watchers for 4 months and lost 30 lbs. I got of w.w (stupid me) and gained 10 back. I am going back on it next week to lose 30 lbs.
  • singlemama0905
    January 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    like other ladies have said, I havent used any real diet plan exactly, it's about changing your lifestyle. last year I rung in the new year weighing over 200 pounds. march was when I started cuttin my portions down...I didn't change what I ate, just how much. in march I weighed in at 213. between then and the end of dec I only weighed myself 3 times because I didnt want to focus in numbers, just being healthier. I started doing cardio mid june. I would walk/jog/run on the treadmill or outside. I started out at 30 min, even if I had to walk it all, I made myself finish 30 min without stopping. then I amped it up, I started forcing myself to jog even 30 sec at a time, just jogged what I could. I never added in weights and food I simply cut my portion sizes and in august I switched my snacks to all healthy - carrots nuts frozen grapes etc. my weight in dec 30th was 166.

this year I've added in using weights. im actually using free weights at home...5lb and 8lb..and using the videos from the P.I.N.K. Method. I bought it last year but I cant afford the foods completely so even tho I'm now using some of the meals, snacks, smoothies from it, I'm editting them to what I can afford and what works for me. I was down to 163 as of the 7th but I hurt my back carrying something so ive had to take a break from working out while I recover.
  • singlemama0905
    January 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM

there's some pics of changes over time. my son wad born sept 2010 and I just met myself go after that..
  • Refurbished
    January 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Weight Watchers.  Lost 30 pounds and kept it off 5 years, but regained it.  I consider it a success, because I kept it off a really long time. 

The thing is, I always lose a pound a week on WW, and I really want to lose it faster than that.  So I have tried every crash diet there is.  I always end up regreting it because if I had just stuck with Weight Watchers it would be off by now.  It's easy, slow and steady.  You aren't hungry, there are no special foods that you have to eat, and you can lose weight without exercise. 

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    January 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    This is a horrid way to lose. No woman should go lower than 1200-1400 caloriesm its not healthy or safe andbu will put your bodyb into starvation mode. So the minute u eat again u gain more than u startes withm

Quoting boldrumble:

I am cutting and pasting:

I am doing a version of the hcg diet.(drops, not shots) It is very low calorie. I have lost 14.8 lbs in 6 days. I started last year and lost around 40 lbs during the first cycle, but then my pap died and i just lost my motivation. i am back on now and it has changed so everything is going even better this time! The only thing i dont like is that i am required to weigh myself every morning...and i worry that it will be a habit i have a hard time breaking...and could make me neurotic!

Diet is

about 500 cals, but the drops burn fat (and curb appetite), so your body sees that instead of thinking you are starving.

each meal (2 per day) is 3oz protein, 1 cup veg, 1 fruit or 1/2 cup (for things like beries/grapes/etc), and 1 bread...which is a grisseli bread stick or a piece of melba toast.

I do this for 30 days, then for 2 weeks i stop the drops add in some fat & dairy. Then repeat the cycle

• Miss.MaryJane
    January 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    Shaun T is a machine!
    :)

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jillian Michaels videos and not pigging out.

Jillian Michaels is lame.

Shaun T is sooooo much better

• RunningMommaof2
    Weight watchers.
  • StevieMarie

I drink a cup of water every hour I'm awake, and 3 cups of green tea throughout (on top of hourly water)

One Shakeology a day

Yoga (20+ minutes) 6 days a week

Don't eat after 7pm.

I started at 260 after my second baby, 4 months later I'm under 200.

Goal weight = 175 (im very muscular and a size 10-12 is PERFECT for my body type)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN