Mom Confessions

Anonymous
What is your "plan" for when your kids graduate high school?
by Anonymous
January 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM
DH and I plan on our kids going to college, and we will allow them to live with us rent free for as long as they are in college, but they will need to hold a part time job. If they don't go to college they can only stay with us, for free, for 6 months, after which they can move out or pay rent. Either way they will have certain rules to follow also.

So do you have a plan for your kids after high school?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    Bump.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 13, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    Not really. I think i will atleast let them get into middle school before i start making those plans.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    Yeah I understand that lol. Dh and I grew up watching our siblings take advantage of our parents. Living there for free until they were well into their 20s, not working, being disrespectful. We just wanted a what if plan. KWIM?

Quoting Anonymous:

Not really. I think i will atleast let them get into middle school before i start making those plans.

• lnrmom
    by lnrmom
    January 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    My kids will always be welcome. I plan on traveling. A lot.
  • Josie_P
    by Josie_P
    January 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM

They will be going away to college. And dh and I will just relax in a child-free home lol.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

It's all hypothetical at this point. DD is ten, but says she wants to live with us. I asked about what she'd do if we moved far away, and she said she'd come with us if I promised to pay for her tickets to fly and visit with her dad sometimes. And she doesn't think she should have to pay rent, but she has an idea that when she's a grown up she should help us pay all the bills. I got very worried about all this. But my huband keeps saying she's ten and nothing that she's saying is really set in stone.

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    The oldest is heading off to college this year with the next two not to far behind. The third wants to join the military which we support.

We encourage our kids to get out in the world after graduation.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    Yeah i don't blame you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I understand that lol. Dh and I grew up watching our siblings take advantage of our parents. Living there for free until they were well into their 20s, not working, being disrespectful. We just wanted a what if plan. KWIM?

Quoting Anonymous:

• Mommie2Kailen

No plans as of yet but i agree with yours. Plus we will help with insurance expenses as long as they are in school

• LiesLiesLies
    She can live here if she is in college.

If not on her 18th birthday she is out...and she doesn't get her trust.

Mom Confessions