Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What is your "plan" for when your kids graduate high school?
by Anonymous
January 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM
DH and I plan on our kids going to college, and we will allow them to live with us rent free for as long as they are in college, but they will need to hold a part time job. If they don't go to college they can only stay with us, for free, for 6 months, after which they can move out or pay rent. Either way they will have certain rules to follow also.

So do you have a plan for your kids after high school?

Replies

• Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    January 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    Lol... I am not making any plans for him at all... He's capable of doing that on his own and is well on his way.

He is planning to enlist.
  • boys2men2soon
    January 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM

We had a similar plan.    Our oldest has worked part time since he was 16.   He went to a local University, lived at hme and worked part time.   He graduated in August, and has not found a full time position, yet.   He was able to keep his 'student job' at the University until December (one term after graduation).   I will not kick him while he is down.   He has worked his butt off and is so stressed about finding a job.

Our youngest is a Freshman in the same University..... he does not have a job.    I have to choose my battles.   He claims he will look for a part time job soon..... he is adjusting to college.   He does work with my DH sometimes, and manages to budget his money so he does not ask for much.

• model1000mom
    January 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM

They will go to college or university if they choose too. As far as DH and I we are moving to a secluded place in the middle of some woods somewhere and enjoying our elderly quiet life.

• danandsamsmom
    January 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM

We are definitely planning on both of our kids going to college out of town.

• VannaMae307
    January 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM

It will depend on how he spends his free time. If he wants to go to college, great, if he wants to have a job and focus on it, he can live with us. if he wants to go to a college locally he can live with us but ONLY if he shows that his free time is mainly for studying. if he wants to party hardy, he's out. if he wants to work while in college, that's even better, and he can live with us because it will give him opportunity to save money. if he doesnt do college or have a full time job then he won't be living with us for more than a year or so after he graduates. he better start looking for room mates or something at that point.

• momto3infl
    January 13, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I have 4yrs till my oldest is out of HS.  We havent gave much thought on this other than if they go to college local they can live with us until down with college.

• Fields456
    January 13, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    We are stil 14 years away from our oldest graduating so who knows lol
  • WandaSue

hmmm i never really thought about that...good question

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5

As things look now, when our son graduates high school (happening June 2014), he will stay with DH while I deploy or may already have been deployed (this could change). DS has special needs and can stay in public school until he turns 21 if he wants to, but we can't force him to. We would prefer if he did stay until he's 21, but he really wants to graduate & either go on to a votech school or work. We are agreeable to the idea of a votech school as long as the school is willing to accomodate his special needs (physical & developmental). However, if he wants to work, we would prefer he remain in public school while he is working so that the school can help him, at least in the beginning.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    I'm hoping they go to college since I've been saving money for them just for that. When I graduated high school I had family tell me college was a waste of time seeing that they had good jobs of course college to them wasn't important that little comment made me mad.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts