Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
just had a baby.. is this normal???
by Anonymous
January 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM
To bleed for less than a week. I had dd on Tuesday and hardly have any blood all day today.

I know that you can spot and bleed for up to six weeks, but can you stop all together within a week or two?

Replies

• ChrissyReznor
    January 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    If your breastfeeding,yes
  • shivasgirl
    January 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM

yes you can, I hardley bled after my oldest...congrats on the new baby

• Greenstone920
    January 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM

It can stop and start again.  Pretty much any bleeding that occurs within the first six weeks is considered post-partum bleeding.  

• kcangel63
    Mine was born on Tuesday and I am barely spotting as well. Some births are easier to recover from than others I guess. I've gone a few days of bleeding to 6 weeks of bleeding. I'm not sure why the difference.
  • JenB1983
    Your bleeding may stop and start numerous times. I've had a couple times I thought I was done(DD will be four weeks tomorrow), but it keeps coming back! Lol
  • JenB1983
    January 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    We need pics of booger butt! Lol

Quoting kcangel63:

Mine was born on Tuesday and I am barely spotting as well. Some births are easier to recover from than others I guess. I've gone a few days of bleeding to 6 weeks of bleeding. I'm not sure why the difference.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I think so. never happened to me. with both of my kids I bled for 3 weeks straight. but I have heard you can stop completely for a few days to a week and then start up again. so don't be surprised if it comes back.

• vetNmommy
    January 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM

With my twins I had a c section, I bled for one week.  I was also pumping. (they  were 11 weeks early and in the nicu) 

• MommaTasha1003
    January 13, 2013 at 3:12 PM

yes i think that is possible.. but you also may restart again.

• mrsbrand
    January 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    I bled for about 4 days, but my period came back at 22 days pp, even with using the lactational amnorrhea method.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts