Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What is the first flu symptom?
by Anonymous
January 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I woke up with a runny nose and my lungs feel like they're on fire! I feel like I'm about to get a cold, but I'm really not that bad right now. 

Is this how the flu starts? 

Replies

• soliderwife
    January 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    Could be sinus??Are u coughing, feing achey all over? Running fever??
  • angie944
    January 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM

With me, it usually feels like my body is just achy and i start coughing.  Then the fever starts.... 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Quoting soliderwife:

Could be sinus??Are u coughing, feing achey all over? Running fever??

No coughing or aching or fever. Just this feeling in my lungs. 

• Anonymous 1
    January 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Quoting angie944:

With me, it usually feels like my body is just achy and i start coughing.  Then the fever starts.... 

I don't have that! That makes me feel better. 

• Anonymous 1
    January 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I just checked my temp and its 99.6. Higher than normal for me but not a fever. Crap. I hope it isn't the start of one. 

• lwalker270
    January 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM

That's how it started with me -- a tightness in my chest that turned into a dry cough that night and then the body aches and fever started the next day.  If you get into your doctor within 48 hours of onset of symptoms, they can give you TamiFlu.  I'd had it for over 72 hours when I was seen, but got my boys in right away and they had a much shorter/milder case than I did.

Feel better :)

• Anonymous 1
    January 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quoting lwalker270:

That's how it started with me -- a tightness in my chest that turned into a dry cough that night and then the body aches and fever started the next day.  If you get into your doctor within 48 hours of onset of symptoms, they can give you TamiFlu.  I'd had it for over 72 hours when I was seen, but got my boys in right away and they had a much shorter/milder case than I did.

Bleck. I had hives from tamiflu a while ago, so I can't even take it. 

• lwalker270
    January 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Oh, that sucks!  Try to get as much rest as you can and I hope you feel better soon :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lwalker270:

• Anonymous 1
    January 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Thank you!

Quoting lwalker270:

Oh, that sucks!  Try to get as much rest as you can and I hope you feel better soon :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lwalker270:

• SommelierMom
    January 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM

The flu started with a cough and body aches for me.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts