Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
thetrollcat
HEADLINE NEWS! OMG they just passed a bill to ban all guns in the USA!
January 13, 2013 at 6:16 AM

No not really but now that I have your attention...

This is not about the school shooting so... but my reason of this post is based on something I posted in a post based on the silly conspiracies of CT shooting.

For years I have debated off and on about guns, owning guns, right to bare arm, people packing guns in public and limiting guns per house hold.

I will confess immediately I am not a gun owner, I do not like guns, and will likely never own a gun in my life time.

However in all the debate I have ever engaged in with gun rights, never once did I ever hear anyone defend the right to bare arm for the sake of the community. Of course with all these nut cases gunning people down....

For those of you that are all up and horny about banning guns in the USA you really should reconsider your thoughts. Again I am not a gun hugger, thumper, or even believe that guns serve great purpose even hunting, I can tell you right now, I would be scared shitless if guns were banned in my country.

Why?

We live in a very violent world and even with many knowing there are guns in the home we are still attacked by terrorists, burglars, and so forth. Imagine realisticly if we banned guns... This is not going to stop a burglar from having one and robbing your home. This will make the terrorist SUPER DUPER fucking happy... While I understand the fear because of the recent events of guns believe me I fear it too. But at the same time why in the hell do people want to disarm the country knowing, if people bad people knew none of us had guns, they would attack even more knowing this.... 

Surely most must be able to understand what I am trying to say here, it is late, I had to get this out but come on, it is not wise to ban guns in the USA, we would fall, maybe not our own government, but the crime rate would triple or more not to forget, some countries really hate us and would love to see us helpless in our homes.

Replies

• thetrollcat
    January 13, 2013 at 4:12 PM

if the government's goal is to strip the right of every citizen to own a gun, isnt that in a sense banning guns?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do wish people would understand the fundamental difference between gun control and stripping rights.

Also, when did we mandate tank tops? I must have missed that amendment.

• jules8289
    January 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM

They can't and won't pass a complete gun ban. Even if they could it would take years. Nobody would hand over their fire arms. I know we wouldn't and neither would many of our friends that own firearms.  Hard to take what you can't trace. I live in Ohio and by law we do not have to register any firearm we don't want to.

Quoting thetrollcat:

my question to you is, say they pass a law (theoretically)

Do you really think people are going to just hand their guns over?

Quoting jules8289:

Right now is a great time to check out bills and laws congress is passing behind our backs while they have everyone in a snit about gun bans. Happens every time. The media is screaming about one thing and Washington is up to their dirty tricks passing laws that are bad for us. While America was going on about Weiners pictures going around twitter the president passed a law for Agenda 21. What a sell out of the American People!  While everyone was crazy mad about Benghazi they tried to pass a bill taking away Americans rights on how to educate their disabled children and home schooled children. Luckily it did not pass. The House put a smack down on that one!  I have noticed all this over the last couple of years. Now when the media has everyone uptight about one issue I go to  http://www.opencongress.org/ and see whats going on. Or any other government site letting the public know what nasty little things Washington is up to while we are distracted.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 13, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    What does that have to do with what I wrote?

Quoting thetrollcat:

if the government's goal is to strip the right of every citizen to own a gun, isnt that in a sense banning guns?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do wish people would understand the fundamental difference between gun control and stripping rights.

• thetrollcat
    January 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM

are you going to answer my questin or not?

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that have to do with what I wrote?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

• SexyCaitlin
    January 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    This! I don't agree with banning guns. I don't own one and probably never will, but I'm against banning them.

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Wow, the title scared me for a second there. Think that banning all guns would be the stupidest thing in the world. We have a right to protect ourselves, when the circumstance arises. However, I do think they should make it harder to obtain a gun and only certain guns should be allowed in a home. I think hunting rifles are ok, so long as they are used for hunting. Also a small firearm like a pistol  would be ok, do to protecting a home. Firing it  in the home should be last resort because I don't think a robber would continue if he was staring down the barrel of gun but in the event they do continue then I think it is ok. Personally I don't own a gun and don't want them in my home but they do have purpose.

• Bethsunshine
    January 13, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Banning guns just means the law-abiding citizens will be left vulnerable against the crazy people who will get a gun no matter what.

Up until 3 weeks ago, we didn't have any guns in our house. Now, courtesy of my dad, we now have 2 shotguns. My husband wants to start hunting and take our boys hunting as well. I grew up in a house with guns because my dad was a hunter ( he doesn't hunt much anymore because he is getting older and physically can 't tolerate sitting in the cold woods for hours on end anymore.

I'm looking into getting my CCP and a handgun to carry in my purse. This is something we've talked about off and on for years, but with all the craziness lately, it has become more urgent to us to protect ourselves.I don't know ONE responsible gun owner ( and I know a lot of them) who is just itching to go out and kill somebody. A reasonable, responsible gun owner realizes that when it comes down to it, firing that gun at a person is a decision that will literally change your life forever, and isn't something to be taken lightly. As I said, I am planning on getting a handgun and I pray to God I never have to use it but if I do, I want to be prepared and properly trained. The thought of actually having to USE it scares the bejesus out of me but if it comes down to the lives of my children and myself or the life of some soulless lunatic, my children and I win out.I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

• Bethsunshine
    January 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

They will be bought in the black market, where there is a will there is a way!

I hate guns as well and why a school kid has one is beyond me, why parents allow them in their home is also beyond me.

Parents allow guns in their home because if some maniac breaks in your home in the middle of the night, yelling, "Stop!! Get out of my house right now!" isn't going to do diddly squat except make said maniac laugh hysterically at you just before he blows you away with HIS gun that he probably bought illegally.

I grew up in a house with guns because my dad was a hunter. We were taught respect and proper gun safety from day one and there was never a problem.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts