Mom Confessions

thetrollcat
HEADLINE NEWS! OMG they just passed a bill to ban all guns in the USA!
January 13, 2013 at 6:16 AM

No not really but now that I have your attention...

This is not about the school shooting so... but my reason of this post is based on something I posted in a post based on the silly conspiracies of CT shooting.

For years I have debated off and on about guns, owning guns, right to bare arm, people packing guns in public and limiting guns per house hold.

I will confess immediately I am not a gun owner, I do not like guns, and will likely never own a gun in my life time.

However in all the debate I have ever engaged in with gun rights, never once did I ever hear anyone defend the right to bare arm for the sake of the community. Of course with all these nut cases gunning people down....

For those of you that are all up and horny about banning guns in the USA you really should reconsider your thoughts. Again I am not a gun hugger, thumper, or even believe that guns serve great purpose even hunting, I can tell you right now, I would be scared shitless if guns were banned in my country.

Why?

We live in a very violent world and even with many knowing there are guns in the home we are still attacked by terrorists, burglars, and so forth. Imagine realisticly if we banned guns... This is not going to stop a burglar from having one and robbing your home. This will make the terrorist SUPER DUPER fucking happy... While I understand the fear because of the recent events of guns believe me I fear it too. But at the same time why in the hell do people want to disarm the country knowing, if people bad people knew none of us had guns, they would attack even more knowing this.... 

Surely most must be able to understand what I am trying to say here, it is late, I had to get this out but come on, it is not wise to ban guns in the USA, we would fall, maybe not our own government, but the crime rate would triple or more not to forget, some countries really hate us and would love to see us helpless in our homes.

Replies

• thetrollcat
    January 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

it gets attention on both sides, gun haters and lovers ;)

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Fuck you and your fake title. I hate your type lol

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    It will work about as well as prohibition did... If they decide to act and ban guns.
    I agree with you though, I'm not a huge gun person, and I personally don't own one (hubby does), but I am not versed on shooting it. I'd just like stricter gun control laws, national check for mental illness, crimes committed etc etc
  • supermomz25
    January 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM

thank you for your very well thought out post. and I couldn't agree more with what you said. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

No not really but now that I have your attention...

This is not about the school shooting so... but my reason of this post is based on something I posted in a post based on the silly conspiracies of CT shooting.

For years I have debated off and on about guns, owning guns, right to bare arm, people packing guns in public and limiting guns per house hold.

I will confess immediately I am not a gun owner, I do not like guns, and will likely never own a gun in my life time.

However in all the debate I have ever engaged in with gun rights, never once did I ever hear anyone defend the right to bare arm for the sake of the community. Of course with all these nut cases gunning people down....

For those of you that are all up and horny about banning guns in the USA you really should reconsider your thoughts. Again I am not a gun hugger, thumper, or even believe that guns serve great purpose even hunting, I can tell you right now, I would be scared shitless if guns were banned in my country.

Why?

We live in a very violent world and even with many knowing there are guns in the home we are still attacked by terrorists, burglars, and so forth. Imagine realisticly if we banned guns... This is not going to stop a burglar from having one and robbing your home. This will make the terrorist SUPER DUPER fucking happy... While I understand the fear because of the recent events of guns believe me I fear it too. But at the same time why in the hell do people want to disarm the country knowing, if people bad people knew none of us had guns, they would attack even more knowing this.... 

Surely most must be able to understand what I am trying to say here, it is late, I had to get this out but come on, it is not wise to ban guns in the USA, we would fall, maybe not our own government, but the crime rate would triple or more not to forget, some countries really hate us and would love to see us helpless in our homes.

• thetrollcat
    January 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM

BUMP!

• motherslove82
    January 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    Chances are, you have been in public places with guns. I've taken mine pretty much everywhere except for where it is posted to not have it. I have never had an urge to hurt anyone, but if bad things happen, I would do my best to defend others. I know a lot of people who would do the same. Responsible gun owners do keep people safer. There are many stories of mass shootings that didn't happen because someone who was armed took out the shooter before it became another Aurora or Sandy Hook.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Yep

• jules8289
    January 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Right now is a great time to check out bills and laws congress is passing behind our backs while they have everyone in a snit about gun bans. Happens every time. The media is screaming about one thing and Washington is up to their dirty tricks passing laws that are bad for us. While America was going on about Weiners pictures going around twitter the president passed a law for Agenda 21. What a sell out of the American People!  While everyone was crazy mad about Benghazi they tried to pass a bill taking away Americans rights on how to educate their disabled children and home schooled children. Luckily it did not pass. The House put a smack down on that one!  I have noticed all this over the last couple of years. Now when the media has everyone uptight about one issue I go to  http://www.opencongress.org/ and see whats going on. Or any other government site letting the public know what nasty little things Washington is up to while we are distracted.

• thetrollcat
    January 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I live in montana, they are all ranchers, farmers, and hunters here. Oh ya guns everywhere here LOL

Quoting motherslove82:

Chances are, you have been in public places with guns. I've taken mine pretty much everywhere except for where it is posted to not have it. I have never had an urge to hurt anyone, but if bad things happen, I would do my best to defend others. I know a lot of people who would do the same. Responsible gun owners do keep people safer. There are many stories of mass shootings that didn't happen because someone who was armed took out the shooter before it became another Aurora or Sandy Hook.

• thetrollcat
    January 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM

my question to you is, say they pass a law (theoretically)

Do you really think people are going to just hand their guns over?

Quoting jules8289:

Right now is a great time to check out bills and laws congress is passing behind our backs while they have everyone in a snit about gun bans. Happens every time. The media is screaming about one thing and Washington is up to their dirty tricks passing laws that are bad for us. While America was going on about Weiners pictures going around twitter the president passed a law for Agenda 21. What a sell out of the American People!  While everyone was crazy mad about Benghazi they tried to pass a bill taking away Americans rights on how to educate their disabled children and home schooled children. Luckily it did not pass. The House put a smack down on that one!  I have noticed all this over the last couple of years. Now when the media has everyone uptight about one issue I go to  http://www.opencongress.org/ and see whats going on. Or any other government site letting the public know what nasty little things Washington is up to while we are distracted.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    I do wish people would understand the fundamental difference between gun control and stripping rights.

Also, when did we mandate tank tops? I must have missed that amendment.

Mom Confessions