Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
do you think bipolar is fake?
by Anonymous
January 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Or do you think people use it as an excuse?

Replies

• Anonymous 43
    by Anonymous 43
    March 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    I'm convenience that it does since being on here
  • LovelyMommy24
    March 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    I would be very unintelligent if I said yes.
  • jas_momof2
    March 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I don't think it's as rampant as people make it seem to be.  Kind of like Autism / Aspergers.  I think it's over-diagnosed.  That is not the fault of the person though - just the idiots who make the said diagnosis...

• Anonymous 44
    by Anonymous 44
    March 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I think some are faking and some use it as an excuse,  but I also think there are people with it and that it is very real!

• gizmo538
    March 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I don't think it's fake at all, but I do believe there are some who claim to have it and they really don't.

• alimorgan
    March 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM

It's not fake I have seen too many people suffer from it.

• Anonymous 30
    by Anonymous 30
    March 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Sometimes I think I am because I'm pretty much like you described. My fiancĂ© calls me crazy and makes fun of me when I have a "tantrum" or if I'm suddenly really happy and lovey. He is always saying he doesn't know what he will get today. 

Quoting chi_moma:

Sorry it's taken so  long to answer your question, I haven't been on in awhile =)

My symptoms are all over the place. One day I'm crying, the next I could be throwing adult tantrums and the next could be extremely happy and lovey dovey. I get really manic for maybe a week or two when I feel unstoppable, like nothing can bring me down or get in my way. But after that I hit a low where I hate life and nothing good ever happens to me etc.

It's really difficult to manage sometimes but overall it's not THAT bad since I've learned to handle my outbursts a little better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people are really uneducated about it. Someone on here called me bipolar the other day because she was insulting me and trying to piss me off but I just made jokes which pissed her off even more lol. But if you don't mind me asking what are some of the symptoms that you go through? I really don't know much about it either  

Quoting chi_moma:

Definitely not fake. I'm bipolar and wouldn't wish the hell i go thru on anyone. I think some MAY use it as an excuse for attention tho but if someone truly understands bipolar, it would be fairly obvious they were lying

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN