Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Rumble at the local elementary school!!!
by Anonymous
January 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM

So...i have REPEATEDLY told my son he is NOT to take his wallet anywhere unless we are going shopping to spend it...something tells me he will listen to me now. So he goes to the mega event (a prize for selling fundraiser items) and ... Loses his wallet! He is crying and telling me some girl took it, i am irritated, because 1 he didnt listen to me and 2 someone took his stuff. Some mom asks whats wrong, i explain to her and she says "oh no...i found it and handed it in to the dj", i thank her and head to the dj. He informs me that he already gave it to a little girl who said it was hers. I ask what little girl and he says "i dont know...she was a little girl in a white shirt with pink polka dots". By this time almost everyone has left the gym...or building. So i head to the hallway and say in a loud voice...so everyone can hear me "can i have your attention please, if you have a little girl wearing a white shirt with pink polka dots who took a wallet that isnt hers could you please have her return it to my son!" So this woman turns around hands me the wallet and says "sorry, she said she won it for hula hooping". I say "thanks" and turn to talk to people i know. That is that or so i thought. I end up walking over to a coworker.of mine to ask about the prizes her son won and mid convo, all the sudden, the mom is back and in my face screaming! "YOU DONT DO THAT. YOU DONT CALL A 6 YR OLD A THIEF WHEN YOU DONT HAVE ALL THE FACTS!" I said, well, she had a wallet that wasnt hers. "THE DJ GAVE IT TO HER" Yeah, because she said it was hers. "NO SHE DIDNT YOU JUST DONT HAVE ALL THE FACTS. YOU DONT CALL A CHILD A THIEF. This goes on and on, while my coworker is stepping in and trying to get her to just stop. Then she screams "YA KNOW THE BIGGER YOU ARE THE HARDER YOU FALL, I SHOULD JUST PUNCH YOU NOW, I AM DONE!" Then she starts to walk away as i am saying please, hit me, i would love to call the police about this.

Now....was i wrong? Cause i sure as hell dont think so. Plus...i didnt call her daughter a thief. She DID take something that wasnt hers...and yes, that is stealing, but no...i didnt call her a thief. Plus...even if there WAS a misunderstanding on the little girls part (which btw, i do not believe in the slightest), then how does that change anything? She was still walking away with something of.my sons that he deserved to have back. It wouldnt have changed my plan to get everyone's attention, or what i said. Plus had i been the other parent, i would have been mad at MY kid. And if i DID believe it was an accident i would have just calmed him down if he was upset and that would have been that. So...seriously....what would you have done...said nothing and told your kid "tough.luck should have left your wallet at home"? cause that was the only other option i saw...and even if that would have been a good "lesson" no one else deserved to walk out with something that wasnt theirs.

What say you???

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 12, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I would never have gotten everyone's attention like that, but I would have enjoyed the show.  I don't think you did anything wrong - clearly mom was embarrassed, too bad she believed her daughter, but now her daughter knows that someone may call her on her bs so hopefully she'll think twice before doing it again.

• areyouatroll
    January 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    Yup

Quoting B1Bomber:

Sounds like someone else got her riled up. That's how it usually happens - take a perfectly calm, normal person and add a few whispers of "i can't believe she did that" and the like, and suddenly you have an outbreak of crazy on your hands.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    Haha...yeah, after she came back there were about 3 people watching the show,! I just couldnt think of any other way to get his wallet back without having everyone stop for a second.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never have gotten everyone's attention like that, but I would have enjoyed the show.  I don't think you did anything wrong - clearly mom was embarrassed, too bad she believed her daughter, but now her daughter knows that someone may call her on her bs so hopefully she'll think twice before doing it again.

• MrsRinehart2010
    January 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    I would have told her what kind of school gives out wallets that have money in them ?an walked away. plain an simple, but then again I check out the things that my kids get as pirzes ect to make sure I feel they are appropriate for my child lol.
  • jewmaw13
    January 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    Thats really weird that she would come back out of nowhere and just started freaking out...she knew her daughter was in the wrong and was embarrasses about it so she freaked out
  • Anonymous
    January 12, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    Plus it would have been a total bummer to try and use $30 of pizza hut gift cards that were empty!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

I would have told her what kind of school gives out wallets that have money in them ?an walked away. plain an simple, but then again I check out the things that my kids get as pirzes ect to make sure I feel they are appropriate for my child lol.

• lnrmom
    by lnrmom

Don't you know, it's never the kid's fault, it's always the other person's fault. Their kid is an angel.

• Anonymous
    That is what i thought. Plus she was like EXTRA crazy.

Quoting jewmaw13:

Thats really weird that she would come back out of nowhere and just started freaking out...she knew her daughter was in the wrong and was embarrasses about it so she freaked out

• 2girlsMom.MN
    January 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I would have done the same thing OP. 

• Anonymous
    January 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    Wepl the part my kid had in it has been dealt with...he will not be tqking his wallet again! But she was blaming ME...and all i see it as was doing what a parent should. I made an announcement and she acted like i got in her 6 yr olds face and screamed at her.

Quoting lnrmom:

Don't you know, it's never the kid's fault, it's always the other person's fault. Their kid is an angel.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts