Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Is this illegal ?
by Anonymous
January 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Hello Ladies,

So I have an question my boyfriend and i broke up recently. I had put money in . an account earlier in our relationship. So during our break up i had asked him for my money back and he had refused to give it back. So acouple months ago he payed my phone bill with his bank account and he left that information on my account. So I decided to pay my phone bill again since he refused to return my money. So now he is mad and said i am going to be arrested for identity theft. My question to you is that is true did i do anything illegal by doing this ????

Replies

• EAzizM
    by EAzizM
    January 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    Very illegal...you are basically stealing.
  • jteffs
    by jteffs
    January 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM

If your name is not on his account, it is "illegal". He can (will) go to the bank and file a dispute and in turn will have to file a police report.

If the money you originally put in the account is one that belongs to both of you (meaning that both of your names are on the account) the money belongs to both of you and he is not obligated to "return" it. If it is on a joint account, you should just go get it yourself.

• CreziaMommyTo2
    January 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM

if your name isnt on the account yes it is illegal.

• Amy_M
    by Amy_M

Yes you did.  That was not your account to use.  You made a stupid mistake by putting your money in his account, he is being a jerk not giving it back, but you made a mistake using his information

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Yes ma'am illegal.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM

You stole his money, that is illegal, hope you like jail!!

• teaspring

I take it the account was not a joint account with both of your names attached?

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

IF you have proof you gave him money-and that you haven't been paid back-AND he set up the account that way-he would have a very hard time having you arrested.

• ElitestJen
    January 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Yes.  It isn't identity theft, but it is fraud.

He can go to his bank, dispute the charge, and hit you for all kinds of fees.  The bank could potentially prosecute you (but they probably won't).

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM

You paid YOUR bill by taking money from your EX boyfriend's bank account.   Very illegal unless your name was also on the account.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts