Mom Confessions

amandaannj
Why is my DH disregarding how hard this is??
January 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Does anyone have any words of wisdom on how to get my husband to understand that while I stay at home and work full time from home managing a business will work he needs to stop acting like it is so EASY! I can't get him to help around the house more and keep in mind I work too as a SAHM! I do take care of everything happily but if I am contributing equally financially and raising our baby how do you get them to step it up? He is a good man just needs to understand. Not bitching as some have said, looking for communicative advice.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    Being a Sahm is easy.
  • marysmithy
    January 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    So much easier than when I worked full time

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.
  • lucky2Beeme
    January 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM

sit down and talk with him. Have him choose 2 days when he inst working where he will do your "easy " job.Write down everything you do and give him the list. You leave for the 2 days and then come back to your new husband. The one that appreciates you and all you do.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    How is working any harder?

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Lol. How is working hard? It's life. It's not hard. People just don't want to do it.

Quoting marysmithy:

So much easier than when I worked full time

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Generally a woman who works out of home still has to do all the shit a SAHM does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 12, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    Do you go to his work and help out?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    This will get ugly
  • audreesmama
    January 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    Yep! Being a SAHM is a fucking cakewalk compared to working 60+ hours a week, for salary, and then coming home and doing all the same shit SAHM have all day to do. I'm a SAHM until my son is older, and this is the fucking life!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Generally a woman who works out of home still has to do all the shit a SAHM does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

• CreziaMommyTo2
    January 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

as a SAHM, i don't work.  so i DON'T consider what I do a job.  if you can't handle it, which it seems you cannot, get a job (and again being a SAHM is NOT a job) and put the kids in daycare.

i am a SAHM to an ASD child and a NT child, yet i still do NOT find it to be a job or hard.  there are days where it is difficult, but its NOT hard, by any means.

Mom Confessions