Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My Kids SM is a B****!! and my EXDH is a coward!!!
by Anonymous
January 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Ok so my kids go to their dads house every other weekend and on the weekends the kids are there I work (I work m-f as well)...Well one of my kids are sick with the tummy bug so i called to let EXDH know he said OK I will be there an about an hour to get them....20 minutes later I get a call from him saying he will no longer being picking up the kids this weekend because his wife doesn't want a sick child at their house all weekend...I explained to him that was not an option because I have to work and can't just call out especially since I had to call out 2 days this week as it was to care for our other child who had it earlier in the week...He said he was sorry however he was not in the mood to  fight with his wife about this....

So now I am pissed!!! I understand that our child is sick, however since he doesn't work weekends I feel he should have to suck it up and care for our sick child so I can go to work...I even offered to pick up the kids after work and drop them back off tomorrow on my way to work so they don't have to take care of the sick child all night as well..

So why do I have to take time from work to stay home with the sick child when he can easily care for the child since he will be home all day? I could understand if he had to work and the SM did not want to care for the child,however that is not the case here...

****EDIT***This is his weekends with the kids.....yes they have 1 together, however that is not reason enough for me to miss work because when their child is sick I am still made to send my kids to his house around their sick child....I just called and asked him if he could come to my house for the day and spend it with the kids while i worked he said no because that wouldn't be right to his wife...

Replies

• BEXi
    by BEXi
    January 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Honestly? Im on SM's side. I wouldnt want a contagious child with a stomach bug at my home either.

As a mother, we have to expect illness emergencies when it comes to our children. What do you do when they get sick Monday-Friday?

• paigesmommy5264
    January 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    Do they have kids together? I don't like sick kids around mine.. if they don't then there's no reason he cant take them. If they do, can he watch them at your house?
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    Yep ur exdh is being a coward, cuz im pretty sure u didnt have the child by urself smh...i would be pist too...
  • mommy_me

I dont blame him or her. But they should be responsible for finding a sitter while you work

• Michelle479

I agree with you. As their father it his job to help care for his children sick or not.

• Lizardannie1966
    January 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Is the man your babysitter or are these his scheduled days for have the kid's?

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    I agree with you he is just as much a parent as you are. Its never fun to have sick kids but its part of being a parent. I get it if she doesn't want her kids sick but that's part of being in a mixers family. You shouldn't have to miss work when he is fully capable of taking care of his kids .
  • touchingstars
    Well, it's not the mothers job to be the only one taking care of a sick child, the sm married him knowing there were kids..
  • frzmamaof4
    Agreed!

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Do they have kids together? I don't like sick kids around mine.. if they don't then there's no reason he cant take them. If they do, can he watch them at your house?
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    I agree with you. Unless he has other kids at his home that would be at risk he ought to suck it up and take care if the kids when it's his scheduled time. Your livelihood is at risk if you have to take off more time to cover for his wife's concerns. You already took off the two days to care for then on your time. It just goes to show you that you get kicked in the ass whenever you try to do something considerate like give him proper warning in advance. Plus if the kids were symptomatic for the two days you took off just before then they are likely not contagious - most idiots know that. Sounds like he just doesn't want to deal with the increased care and in a way - do you really want your babies over there when they are still in pain if he's going to act this way? He's a baby but at least he is her problem know. Lol!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts