Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I am upset with my doctors office...
by Anonymous
January 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Just needed to get this out you don't have to read this because It will probably be long.  My 18 year old daughter was sick back in july throwing up and such.  The doctor ran a bunch of tests and then put her on some vitamin's saying her cells were large.  She kept on being sick and it took me until November to convince her to go back.  The doctor came in and said congratulations your pregnant.  Mind you she was only 89 pounds  and  22 weeks pregnant.  When they took her blood pressure it was really high and I asked them if that was normal.  They said it was probably just anxiety..mind you her pressure has always been lower than the average.   They did an ultrasound right then and everything seemed fine.  Two weeks later I come home from shopping to find her in the bathroom on the floor blood all over the toilette seat.  I called an ambulance and she delivered the baby dead on the way there.  The nurse said she had preeclampsia which I lateer found out was caused by high blood pressure which she had at the last visit.  She said normally when a pregnant woman has high blood pressure on the visit they have them come in within the next 24 hours to recheck it.  I know she was in no way ready for a baby but I can't help feeling they were neglectful in spotting it especially when I brought it to their attention.  She would of had to been on bed rest so I know that also would of been hard for her.  I go to the same doctors office as her and so at my last visit My blood pressure shot up ( and I mean stroke level) because I was still upset about what happened.  My doctor increased my medication but in my heart I know it was only because I was upset with them yet I couldn't tell him this.  I thought maybe telling this story would help because I am so heartbroken for her. So thank you for listening.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    I'm so sorry.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    Bump
  • Pink.Frosting
    January 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I definitely think they were negligent!  I'm not a medical professional at all and as soon as you said her blood pressure was up, my mind went straight to preeclampsia!  Also given her age of 18, girls in that age range are at a higher risk of preeclampsia.  They totally dropped the ball.  :0(  She's lucky you found her.  Preeclampsia can cause seizures!

• Misheldonann
    January 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    (((Hugs)))
  • Snapdragon88
    January 12, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    I'm so sorry :(
  • bowribbonmama
    January 12, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    Switch doctors and file a complaint.
    Also, to mean the high blood pressure thing seems kind of lawsuit worthy.
    So sad. :(
  • daytonbaby210
    January 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I am sorry that is awful. I remember when I was pregnant with my son towards the end of it just feeling helpless because my obstetrician would not listen to what I had to say. I have decided when I have this next one to look around and look at other ob's

• etsmom
    by etsmom
    January 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I am sorry. That is horrible.

• littlelamb303
    January 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Sorry for this terrible loss.  I don't understand why they did not diagnose the pregnancy earlier.  Also, high blood pressure in pregnant women is dangerous and she should have been tested immediately for preelampsia.  When I had high pressure, they tested me immediately.  This would have prevented this tragedy from happening as they would have admitted her to the hospital and treated her. The doctor's were clearly negligient and I am sorry about that.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 12, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I'd contact a lawyer. It sounds like malpractice.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN