Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
when parents use behavioral meds for their kids?
by Anonymous
January 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM

what do you think about parents putting their grade school kids on behavioral medication. i personally think that too many times kids are being put on medication that aren't needed; and too many kids are being diagnosed with things they don't necessarily have. MIND YOU I DO THINK SOME KIDS NEED THEM AND HAVE LAGITAMET PROBLEMS! JUST NOT AS MANY AS PEOPLE THINK.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM

BUMP

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    I'm sorry I can't take this post seriously. Its LEGITIMATE.
  • JadsW
    by JadsW
    Not my kid, not my business.
  • JasonsMom2007
    I think they have their place after all other options have been exhausted.
  • randi1978

*legitimate

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Agreed.

Sometimes it is some discipline and better food. Lay off the fritos and oreos. Get outside more and the child would be better behaved.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

This post again?  We just talked about it 2 days ago!  Ugh

• Retrokitty
    I think they should try all other options first.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I fully agree. I am the Mother of a Special Needs child and get told all of the time about how this or that medication will change him... ummm he is 4! His body changes every single day, he has bad days and good. I am willing to stand by him during the bad days (unmedicated) until he absolutely needs it.. if ever. I doubt that he will ever be on medication. He rocks, even with his quirks and bad days.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    My son has been on behavioral meds since he was 4. If he's not on them he doesn't focus at all. He will flutter from here and there and everywhere. He will run rampant. I first thought it was a normal kid thing but I know now its not. I did everything I could before resorting to meds.

As for what I think about people who put their kids on it, if they feel its needed then who am I to say its not. For alot of families meds is a last resort.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts