Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How do I get him to change?
by Anonymous
January 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I love DH I do but if things don't change soon I don't know what to do.... Is it really wrong to stay together for the kids? From growing up without a dad I just think two parents that just live together is better then what I had.

DH isn't a bad guy at all but he's just so selfish!!! A day in the life of me- wake up walk dogs feed baby feed dogs make lunches get DS up and ready for school get him on the bus then clean laundry dishes vacuum ect walk dogs get DS off the bus do homework while making dinner clean up dinner go to school or work to trashed house then up all night with baby and repeat.
Day in the life of DH- get up get self ready go to work come home change go to gym for 2 1/2 hours come home eat dinner play video games with DS and go to bed.

I try to look nice and DH doesn't even notice!! He's so busy looking at himself in the mirror that he wouldn't even notice if I walk out the door!!!

I can threaten that I'm going to leave and find someone to treat me right but he doesn't budge I just don't know what to do anymore!!! At this point he's just the guy that pays the bills and occasionally babysits the kids and sleeps on the other end of the bed

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    Bump for advice
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Have you tried sitting him and down and talking to him about how he is hurting you?  Maybe try counseling? 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM
    He just tried to laugh it off... I've been thinking counseling but I'd be too embarrassed to tell anyone to get them to watch the kids for us

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you tried sitting him and down and talking to him about how he is hurting you?  Maybe try counseling? 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 12, 2013 at 3:32 AM
    There's nothing wrong with getting counseling, it just shows that you care enough about your relationship to go that far for help.
  • KeriAZ
    by KeriAZ
    January 12, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    U cant change them.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts