Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Is it normal to feel this way about your child?
by Anonymous
January 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM

My son came out as gay a few weeks ago. I cannot help but feel disappointed. I won't have biological grandkids. When I gave birth to him I had a vision of how great his life will be, wife, kids etc. Now I cant help but think of how hard his life will be with unaccepting people and things. I just feel sad. 

I still love him and treat him the same. I just feel sad. Like a part of they boy I knew was lost.

Replies

• peanutsmommy1
    January 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    100% normal
  • Lyssa0587
    January 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I think its normal.....sometimes you have visions for your children. Its ok to feel disappointed, but as long as you are accepting of his own choices, I think its ok.  

• Ericha7
    by Ericha7

that feeling is probably very normal

• So_Devious20
    who says you won't have bio kids?
  • ajnmadismommy
    January 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM

it's normal to feel sad.....

but you know he can still have kids? It just won't be the vision you had.....

• muzzyh
    by muzzyh
    You could still end up with bio grand kids. Now he'll have a husband instead of a wife! ;)
  • BabySocks0912
    Mine our to young to be in that situation, but I'm sure its hard to feel that way about your son. Sometimes i dread when he starts school because i know his innocence will slowly diminish and i worry about being disappointed in choices he may make. Just love him and be there for him. I'm sure he knows what's he's up against. As long as he has your support those other voices will slowly mute out.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Quoting So_Devious20:

who says you won't have bio kids?

if he's male and likes males and my only child? 

I mean I guess he could go invetro but ahhh its just not how I pictured it. I would still love the grandbabies if there are some unconditionally as I do him. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    Expectations can be dangerous things. The safest things to expect of your children are to be healthy and happy in life.
  • Jenn_A
    by Jenn_A
    January 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I kinda felt the same. Except about adoption. I hope she adopts even if she ends up with a man. (she's bi) Some of our dreams are so tied up in our kids, it just means that your dreams will change.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN