Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ebbierowe
So no flared jeans, no yoga pants, no sweats... what exactly is "approriate" for a mom to wear S/O**Edit to clarify a few things..
January 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM

**EDIT  _ok just to be clear...I am not saying that people should wear sweats or yoga pants everywhere. I think because I mentioned those in the title people focused on those to articles of clothing.

I think there is a time and a place for everything. I wouldn't suggest sweats on girls night out or a date or a job interview or Parent/Teacher conference. But to run to the grocery store...sure.

I am not saying the any of the items in the title should be part of the "mom" uniform

Really what I am trying to say is that a mom should wear what she is comfortable in. I am not saying she shouldn't take care of herself. she should. Comfortable doesn't have to equal sloppy.

And on the same note there is nothing at all with dressing nice. If you can rock dress pants or dresses or skirts everyday go for it! My lifestyle is one in which I don't feel that is appropriate attire for my activities. I wear jeans and nice shirts (not t-shirts normally), I tend to show a little cleavage. I think I look approriate for my age and station..and I don't think I am misrepresenting my family.

Lastly not everyone follows trends...Lord knows I have a little to much butt for skinny jeans..and I honestly don't care for how they look on me. Trends are nice for those who follow but not following trends doesn't mean you don't care how you look.

So I hope that cleared some things up. Oh and I don't believe PJs should be worn out of the house on a regular basis. I can understand if you have to run out real quick and if the PJs could maybe pass for not PJS. But as a rule that is inside wear IMO 

Carry on :-)

Seriously...There is post saying flared jeans are out....people say you shouldn't wear yoga pants out of the house.

There is a post about what shouldn't be worn...so I want to know what exactly should a mom wear?

I honestly don't care what a mom wears as long as she doesn't look a hot mess on a regular basis cause that is teaching bad habits to you kids.

I am just amazed how many women feel they know what another woman should wear..

OK so I had to go to class and then go mommy so I am just really getting back to this post...I did not think there would be so much animosity. embarrassed

Ladies please calm down....in the end this is all just opinion and we are just strangers on the internet. Please don't get into an huge online fight over PJs or Dress Pants.....I mean really we will probably never see each other in real life....and if we did would we really talk to each other the way we are now over how we were dressed?? its no biggie ladies..chill

Replies

• Christy644
    January 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    Nothing. We have to go naked all the time.
  • BrittM1988
    Dresses.. don't you know? We're in the 1950's ;)
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1

Go naked!

• Lyssa0587

granny panties and ugly christmas sweater with those awful old people slacks with the stretchy waist! LOLOLOL. People are crazy!

• macbudsmom

And please no pajama pants!!!

• JadsW
    by JadsW
    January 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    Whatever the hell she wants. Fuck 'em.
  • adhaodd1child
    Ik right its like moms can't wear shit anymore
  • Dzyre1115

I wear yoga pants around the house, but if I leave the house I wear dress pants and a blouse, always.

• Kat31
    by Kat31
    'mom' jeans
  • momof6nokc

I wear straight leg jeans with tank top, cardigan and flats---that's my "mom" uniform.

I also wear leggings with long sweater or top to cover the ass area :o)

And I do have nice work-out pants that I wear sometimes.  Nothing skin tight or atrocious, just nice Nike microfiber type pants.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts