Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How did you decide on your tattoo?
by Anonymous
January 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Hi Ladies,

I want to get a tattoo! I have found this amazing tattoo place that has a 6 month waiting list for tattoos. The artists are amazing and do beautiful work. So, I have time to decide on what I want, but I have no idea on what to get!

I know the tattoo will either be on my upper shoulder, upper back, or rib cage. Otherwise I don't know what I want.

How did you decide on what to get?

Replies

• chi_moma
    January 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I designed my first one myself. It symbolizes the struggles I had to go thru at a young age. Another is for a very close mother figure in my life who was diagnosed with MS and not doing well, it was sort of a tribute to her. Another was for the memory of me being in the army. Another is a saying I've always told my kids...I could go on and on lol

Basically all my tattoos have a very personal connection to me, they represent who I am

• waffa
    by waffa
    January 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Pretty much this.

Think about what is important in your life and symbols that represent them.

I have only 1 tattoo and it is a very simple infinity symbol to represent the infinite love of my family.

Quoting chi_moma:

I designed my first one myself. It symbolizes the struggles I had to go thru at a young age. Another is for a very close mother figure in my life who was diagnosed with MS and not doing well, it was sort of a tribute to her. Another was for the memory of me being in the army. Another is a saying I've always told my kids...I could go on and on lol

Basically all my tattoos have a very personal connection to me, they represent who I am

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Is it better to start out with a small tattoo to handle the pain?

Thanks for your reply!

Quoting waffa:

Pretty much this.

I have only 1 tattoo and it is a very simple infinity symbol to represent the infinite love of my family.

Quoting chi_moma:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    mine is my own design- a skeleton key with a tiara and a crown dangling on it.. for my DS and DD but now have to add a 3 rd crown for my 2nd DS before he's old enough to notice~ lol also still need to add the heart with keyhole...
  • chi_moma
    January 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM

For me, size wasn't an issue. No matter what size a tattoo you get as your first, it's going to be uncomfortable for a few minutes until you get use to it. After 5 minutes I was relaxed and it was more of an annoying pain that an ouch pain. After my 2nd tattoo I started falling asleep lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for your reply!

Quoting waffa:

Pretty much this.

Quoting chi_moma:

• waffa
    by waffa
    January 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM

yep, start small to see if you can handle the pain.

I have a really high pain threshold, but THAT hurt due to location (my hip).

Talk to your artist about location before you decide to do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for your reply!

Quoting waffa:

Pretty much this.

Quoting chi_moma:

• supermomz25
    January 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I got all three on the same day, it took 5 1/2 hours to do all of them.

this one I got because I am a Sharks fan:

this one I got for my kids:

this one I got because I just liked it:

• MrsThebus
    January 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    I have several. My chest piece is my favorite... It's a lotus flower and song lyrics. I went through a lot the last several years and it sums it up. The lyrics "I plead to change my life just before I dream and wake to realize that change is inside me." Then I have the words health and light on my wrists and the words illness and weakness on my achilles all from that same song. Then on the back of my neck I have an anchor with a scroll that says "there will be pie in the sky when you die" for my grandpa (it's a song he used to sing and he was in the navy.) I have others too. I choose what I do to always be family or life related.
  • Nynnie
    by Nynnie
    January 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM
    I haven't got a tattoo. I have some planned though. I am going to get my signature with all the little stuff I always put around it either on the back of my hand, or my lower back. I am going to get my son's footprint and bday tattooed on my leg above a saying about love which will be tated around my ankle with a little heart ball and chain, and then my next ones footprint above that, I designed a skull with a crown on one side and a horn on the other with Juggalo under it in cursive for my shoulder and want some kind of angel thing for the other shoulder
  • MissMissfit
    January 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I've got 25. Some of them are deep personal ones, and others I just enjoy the art and modification. When you see something you love, you just know. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN