Mom Confessions

Anonymous
How did you decide on your tattoo?
by Anonymous
January 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Hi Ladies,

I want to get a tattoo! I have found this amazing tattoo place that has a 6 month waiting list for tattoos. The artists are amazing and do beautiful work. So, I have time to decide on what I want, but I have no idea on what to get!

I know the tattoo will either be on my upper shoulder, upper back, or rib cage. Otherwise I don't know what I want.

How did you decide on what to get?

Replies

• chi_moma
    January 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I designed my first one myself. It symbolizes the struggles I had to go thru at a young age. Another is for a very close mother figure in my life who was diagnosed with MS and not doing well, it was sort of a tribute to her. Another was for the memory of me being in the army. Another is a saying I've always told my kids...I could go on and on lol

Basically all my tattoos have a very personal connection to me, they represent who I am

• waffa
    by waffa
    January 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Pretty much this.

Think about what is important in your life and symbols that represent them.

I have only 1 tattoo and it is a very simple infinity symbol to represent the infinite love of my family.

Quoting chi_moma:

I designed my first one myself. It symbolizes the struggles I had to go thru at a young age. Another is for a very close mother figure in my life who was diagnosed with MS and not doing well, it was sort of a tribute to her. Another was for the memory of me being in the army. Another is a saying I've always told my kids...I could go on and on lol

Basically all my tattoos have a very personal connection to me, they represent who I am

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Is it better to start out with a small tattoo to handle the pain?

Thanks for your reply!

Quoting waffa:

Pretty much this.

I have only 1 tattoo and it is a very simple infinity symbol to represent the infinite love of my family.

Quoting chi_moma:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    mine is my own design- a skeleton key with a tiara and a crown dangling on it.. for my DS and DD but now have to add a 3 rd crown for my 2nd DS before he's old enough to notice~ lol also still need to add the heart with keyhole...
  • chi_moma
    January 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM

For me, size wasn't an issue. No matter what size a tattoo you get as your first, it's going to be uncomfortable for a few minutes until you get use to it. After 5 minutes I was relaxed and it was more of an annoying pain that an ouch pain. After my 2nd tattoo I started falling asleep lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for your reply!

Quoting waffa:

Pretty much this.

Quoting chi_moma:

• waffa
    by waffa
    January 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM

yep, start small to see if you can handle the pain.

I have a really high pain threshold, but THAT hurt due to location (my hip).

Talk to your artist about location before you decide to do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for your reply!

Quoting waffa:

Pretty much this.

Quoting chi_moma:

• supermomz25
    January 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I got all three on the same day, it took 5 1/2 hours to do all of them.

this one I got because I am a Sharks fan:

this one I got for my kids:

this one I got because I just liked it:

• MrsThebus
    January 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    I have several. My chest piece is my favorite... It's a lotus flower and song lyrics. I went through a lot the last several years and it sums it up. The lyrics "I plead to change my life just before I dream and wake to realize that change is inside me." Then I have the words health and light on my wrists and the words illness and weakness on my achilles all from that same song. Then on the back of my neck I have an anchor with a scroll that says "there will be pie in the sky when you die" for my grandpa (it's a song he used to sing and he was in the navy.) I have others too. I choose what I do to always be family or life related.
  • Nynnie
    by Nynnie
    January 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM
    I haven't got a tattoo. I have some planned though. I am going to get my signature with all the little stuff I always put around it either on the back of my hand, or my lower back. I am going to get my son's footprint and bday tattooed on my leg above a saying about love which will be tated around my ankle with a little heart ball and chain, and then my next ones footprint above that, I designed a skull with a crown on one side and a horn on the other with Juggalo under it in cursive for my shoulder and want some kind of angel thing for the other shoulder
  • MissMissfit
    January 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I've got 25. Some of them are deep personal ones, and others I just enjoy the art and modification. When you see something you love, you just know. 

Mom Confessions