Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
angie_de_3
Toddler Boy Piercing
January 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM

So, my ex and I, have been on the fence about getting my 2 year old boy's ear pierced. Being the cool, hip momma, I am, I say what the hell! If he does not like it by the time he is old enough to make that decision, then we will gladly take it out..till then my baby, my desicion. But I'm wondering if anyone has ever had that thought, went thru will it, and what was everyone's reaction to it? 

Replies

• ColleenF30
    January 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM

But there is still scar tissue. A proper piercing heals all the way through and can shrink but should not close totally. Mine were done at age 7 with a gun (sadly). I had issues stretching my piercing because of the scarring that the blunt force piercing causes. Any injury leaves scar tissue even if you cannot see it.

Quoting StevieMarie:

I had mine done when I was a baby with a needle, not a gun and mine closed up after wearing earings til the 4th grade, you couldnt see any hole whatsoever. And there wasnt much scar tissue on the inside either, it barely hurt when I had them redone.

Quoting ColleenF30:

I have the same reaction boy or girl. It should be their decision. Scar tissue is permanent, and a piercing that is done properly should not close (needle not those crappy plastic guns). If my child asks (boy or girl) and is old enough to understand it is a forever thing (scarring is the minimal damage they will have left over), I will take them to my piercer who will use a single use sterile piercing needle, and sterilized jewelry (autoclave is my friend).

• ColleenF30
    January 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM

It looks to me like she said "that looks", not "the child looks". Please only take an insult when it actually is one. Child is adoreable by the way.

Quoting Anonymous:

know what is even more stupid?  a grown ass woman calling a little kid names.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting ikesmommy:

My son was almost three when he got his. He wanted to match daddy

That looks so stupid.

• StevieMarie
    January 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM

true, but is that scar tissue going to hurt them? cause them constant pain? not in their ears, no.

Quoting ColleenF30:

But there is still scar tissue. A proper piercing heals all the way through and can shrink but should not close totally. Mine were done at age 7 with a gun (sadly). I had issues stretching my piercing because of the scarring that the blunt force piercing causes. Any injury leaves scar tissue even if you cannot see it.

Quoting StevieMarie:

I had mine done when I was a baby with a needle, not a gun and mine closed up after wearing earings til the 4th grade, you couldnt see any hole whatsoever. And there wasnt much scar tissue on the inside either, it barely hurt when I had them redone.

Quoting ColleenF30:

I have the same reaction boy or girl. It should be their decision. Scar tissue is permanent, and a piercing that is done properly should not close (needle not those crappy plastic guns). If my child asks (boy or girl) and is old enough to understand it is a forever thing (scarring is the minimal damage they will have left over), I will take them to my piercer who will use a single use sterile piercing needle, and sterilized jewelry (autoclave is my friend).

• cadditalbrat
    January 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    this

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I waited until my daughter asked for hers done, 6 is when she asked. Her body her choice. Wait until your son is old to make his own informed decision, even if he takes it out the hole will still be there.

• ColleenF30
    January 10, 2013 at 5:27 PM

It can if it causes keloids. Also if they decide to pierce again they will have to put it in a different spot because the scar tissue is thicker than normal skin.

Quoting StevieMarie:

true, but is that scar tissue going to hurt them? cause them constant pain? not in their ears, no.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting StevieMarie:

Quoting ColleenF30:

• MarriedYoung
    January 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    We plan to wait till any of our kids ask to get their ear(s) peirced.
  • StevieMarie
    January 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM

True statement with the keloids, but I'm afraid you are wrong again with the scar tissue. IT can be pierced through and it has. MY ears, my nose and my lip have been piecred closed and repierced numerous times as my tastes changed. All of them were were pierced in the exact same spot. It didnt hurt, either. Like I said before, everyone is different, but most of the time, keloids dont happen with ear piercings.

Quoting ColleenF30:

It can if it causes keloids. Also if they decide to pierce again they will have to put it in a different spot because the scar tissue is thicker than normal skin.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting StevieMarie:

Quoting ColleenF30:

• SommelierMom
    January 10, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

hey, if you like telling kids that they "look" stupid then go for it.  doesnt make you any less of a bitch though.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting ikesmommy:

That looks so stupid.

I'm not calling the kid names, I'm saying the piercing looks stupid.  You're not a bright one, eh?

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, eh?

• allabout11708
    January 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM
    Boys still get their ear pierced? I thought that ridiculous fad ended years ago.
  • SommelierMom
    January 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting ColleenF30:

It looks to me like she said "that looks", not "the child looks". Please only take an insult when it actually is one. Child is adoreable by the way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting ikesmommy:

That looks so stupid.

Exactly.  The little boy is super cute; the piercing not so much.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts