Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I dont feed my one year old
by Anonymous
January 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
She will be one in a few weeks and while I feed her off my plate sometimes I mostly still nurse her. I should be making her solid food meals regularly but truth is I'm too lazy. Its so much easier to just bf her. So, that's my confession.

Replies

• TattoodMommy19
    January 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    My child got only breast milk until the last few weeks. She's 13 months old.

She is on the high side of average weight and definitely not malnourished. That's not the reason that child was malnourished. Nothing but breast milk or formula is necessary before 12 months.

Quoting Annettey19:

If you want to know what will likely happen, I have a story for you.

My MIL's friend babysits this little boy who is almost two now. His mom only gave him breastmilk until a little after his first birthday when the doctor said he was malnourished. She still doesn't feed him right, and to this day he's skinny, his stomach is sunken in, WIC and various places have made home visits, and my 9 month old's size 4 diapers were big on him just yesterday. So yeah, you may well destroy your child's health with your "laziness".

• Anonymous 29
    by Anonymous 29
    January 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Why? Moms sleep train by letting their babies cio because the moms are too lazy to get up and parent their babies when they need parenting at night and most people are okay with that. At least what the OP is doing is beneficial to her baby since most babies don't need anything besides breastmilk for the first year.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not so much what you are doing ... it's your reason for doing it that bothers me. :(

• Jessica_Esqueda
    January 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Table food isn't even required at ALL during the first year. You're fine, but start getting her used to eating regular meals and THEN nursing. 

• Hyman
    by Hyman
    January 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    Hmm .. Look into Baby Led Weaning. I did it with my son. He is still breastfeeding at 17 mo old and for a long time (even at one and a little beyond) he mostly bf ... But you really should offer the experience and practice of solid food.

In blw you offer whatever you make for dinner. Nothing different. My son eats everything. Whatever is for dinner is what he eats and is offered.
  • Hyman
    by Hyman
    January 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    This is so false. If you're bf on demand (which is how you're supposed to keep up supply and nourish baby) than that will not happen.

I exclusively bf my son for like 14 months. He was always big and chubby. And never has had a sunken stomach!

Something else was wrong with the child you mention and it was not diagnosed right.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

My child got only breast milk until the last few weeks. She's 13 months old.

She is on the high side of average weight and definitely not malnourished. That's not the reason that child was malnourished. Nothing but breast milk or formula is necessary before 12 months.

Quoting Annettey19:

If you want to know what will likely happen, I have a story for you.

My MIL's friend babysits this little boy who is almost two now. His mom only gave him breastmilk until a little after his first birthday when the doctor said he was malnourished. She still doesn't feed him right, and to this day he's skinny, his stomach is sunken in, WIC and various places have made home visits, and my 9 month old's size 4 diapers were big on him just yesterday. So yeah, you may well destroy your child's health with your "laziness".

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I'm pretty sure I said solids

Quoting areyouatroll:

Actually its more likely the pureed stage would set them up to be a picky eater.

Quoting Anonymous:

She should have started some type of solids when she was able to sit up, around 6 months old. You are setting yourself up for one picky eater.  Poor baby. 

• areyouatroll
    January 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM
    Mhmm most women on here mean pureed food when they say solids at 6 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pretty sure I said solids

Quoting areyouatroll:

Actually its more likely the pureed stage would set them up to be a picky eater.

Quoting Anonymous:

She should have started some type of solids when she was able to sit up, around 6 months old. You are setting yourself up for one picky eater.  Poor baby. 

• LoganAndKennedy
    January 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
    Yes the first year meaning 365 days of life... beyond that its not. The child is 1 already... over 365 days old. That's where im basing my reply.

Quoting danie24:

Breastmilk alone is more than enough for the first year of life.

Quoting LoganAndKennedy:

Breastmilk is awesome! .... on combination with food for a one year old. She needs MORE for probed brain and body development. Its definitely not enough... please feed that baby food

• Anonymous 30
    by Anonymous 30
    August 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    Who was this?
  • Anonymous 31
    by Anonymous 31
    August 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM

BlueRay

Quoting Anonymous:

Who was this?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups