Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Any other SAHM's have this problem?
by Anonymous
January 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Since its winter time and we're stuck in the house more often... My kids get bored and they follow me around whining for snacks constantly!

I KNOW that they eat plenty and this is totally out of boredom.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM

No, we have a lot of stuff to play with.

• usmcwifey11
    January 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    Yes.
  • Leissaintexas
    January 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    My kids learned long ago to never say "I'm bored". I've got plenty of chores or school work for them to do! Lol
  • olliesmommy2
    January 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM

We bundle up and go out anyways. Rain, snow, wind, and rain, they just make it a new experience. Of course more time is spent inside, but, we get out everyday, unless the weather isnt safe. I would say just like adults, kids will want to eat out of boredom. Make it healthy no limit snacks like raw veggies. Maybe they wont be so hungry then?

• Jean8282
    January 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Yep, mine are hounding me about being hungry or thirsty ALL the time. In fact they will literally have just gotten done eatig a lot and about 5 minutes later they will whine they are hungry again. Im sorry but a 2 year old who eats 2 and a half waffles, five big strawberries, and a cup of milk is NOT hungry for a couple hours after that. Lol

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Lol yeah they bug me for drinks too. Ugh

Quoting Jean8282:

Yep, mine are hounding me about being hungry or thirsty ALL the time. In fact they will literally have just gotten done eatig a lot and about 5 minutes later they will whine they are hungry again. Im sorry but a 2 year old who eats 2 and a half waffles, five big strawberries, and a cup of milk is NOT hungry for a couple hours after that. Lol

• Not_A_Native
    January 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM

We don't get stuck in the house.  I leave the house everyday, even in winter.  Even when my kids were little.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    I wish I could do that, but I kind of live in the boonies... So a lot of travel and gas money is involved with us going out. And then I would have no where to go.

I live on a lake though, so summer time is an entirely different story.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

We don't get stuck in the house.  I leave the house everyday, even in winter.  Even when my kids were little.

• gblossom
    January 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

My daughter is only 16 months, so she doesn't really ask for any snacks/food unless she is hungry. She doesn't really get bored, she just has the attention span of a 16 month old :D

• robibuni
    January 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM

God yes.

It's worse for me cause DD1 has had a bad cough lately and only wants to lay around (that's fine, I understand) so I've been letting her watch a lot of movies in our bed lately. 

We do lots of crafts, she runs around as much as she can in the house, I turn on music and we have dance parties, we color, do puzzles...there's only so much she can do before she's bored :/

Mom Confessions