Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Any other SAHM's have this problem?
by Anonymous
January 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Since its winter time and we're stuck in the house more often... My kids get bored and they follow me around whining for snacks constantly!

I KNOW that they eat plenty and this is totally out of boredom.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM

No, we have a lot of stuff to play with.

• usmcwifey11
    January 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    Yes.
  • Leissaintexas
    January 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    My kids learned long ago to never say "I'm bored". I've got plenty of chores or school work for them to do! Lol
  • olliesmommy2
    January 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM

We bundle up and go out anyways. Rain, snow, wind, and rain, they just make it a new experience. Of course more time is spent inside, but, we get out everyday, unless the weather isnt safe. I would say just like adults, kids will want to eat out of boredom. Make it healthy no limit snacks like raw veggies. Maybe they wont be so hungry then?

• Jean8282
    January 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Yep, mine are hounding me about being hungry or thirsty ALL the time. In fact they will literally have just gotten done eatig a lot and about 5 minutes later they will whine they are hungry again. Im sorry but a 2 year old who eats 2 and a half waffles, five big strawberries, and a cup of milk is NOT hungry for a couple hours after that. Lol

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Lol yeah they bug me for drinks too. Ugh

Quoting Jean8282:

Yep, mine are hounding me about being hungry or thirsty ALL the time. In fact they will literally have just gotten done eatig a lot and about 5 minutes later they will whine they are hungry again. Im sorry but a 2 year old who eats 2 and a half waffles, five big strawberries, and a cup of milk is NOT hungry for a couple hours after that. Lol

• Not_A_Native
    January 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM

We don't get stuck in the house.  I leave the house everyday, even in winter.  Even when my kids were little.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    I wish I could do that, but I kind of live in the boonies... So a lot of travel and gas money is involved with us going out. And then I would have no where to go.

I live on a lake though, so summer time is an entirely different story.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

We don't get stuck in the house.  I leave the house everyday, even in winter.  Even when my kids were little.

• gblossom
    January 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

My daughter is only 16 months, so she doesn't really ask for any snacks/food unless she is hungry. She doesn't really get bored, she just has the attention span of a 16 month old :D

• robibuni
    January 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM

God yes.

It's worse for me cause DD1 has had a bad cough lately and only wants to lay around (that's fine, I understand) so I've been letting her watch a lot of movies in our bed lately. 

We do lots of crafts, she runs around as much as she can in the house, I turn on music and we have dance parties, we color, do puzzles...there's only so much she can do before she's bored :/

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN