Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Americans are so confused.
by Anonymous
January 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Your health care system is one of the worst among industrialized nations. Your education ranking falls annually. Around half of your residents are living in poverty. Mental illness is demonized. Women are blamed for violent crimes. Rapists are rarely prosecuted and face consequences. Your economy is in shambles. Your unemployment rate is staggering. You are a divided nation.

Yet the issue that impassions you and gets you riled up is GUNS. Are you for real? Why cling to your guns and ignore the real problems? Can someone explain the thought process here? It's truly puzzling.

Replies

• brebugmom91
    January 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    If we are that bad then why are all these illegals trying to get in? Hmmm.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

because people arent dying in their face over education OR poverty...that old man down the street starved to death because NO ONE gave a damn, type of example. ....if he died in someone's face of starvation, more impact would have been felt.  If a group of kids died of starvation, it would wake people  up.   Not until a tragedy strikes do people really decide to listen and try to do something, but often it's too late. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't, but it's hard to ignore the vicious gun control battles. Why don't the majority of citizens get equally impassioned about education? Or eradicating poverty?

Quoting autodidact:

Will thank you for painting us all with the same broad brush.  That doesn't reflect too well on you.

• furbabymum

Well I've been to other countries and they're not all roses and love either dear.

• uriahadel
    January 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    I agree with this

Quoting Anonymous:

I love you lol. I compleley agree with what you posted and don't understand it one bit either. With that said I am an American....... Puzzleing isn't it?

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    January 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM

All countries have their own issues.  There is no such thing as a utopia. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    Is this the fake Canadian??????
  • smurfbitebug
    Or crazymama. One of the two. I'm leaning towards crazymama because I JUST handed her her ass in another thread. Seriously like fifteen minutes ago. Exact same subject.

Quoting mary841108:

d.o.e....LOL

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Like we don't know who this is.

• autodidact

By what metric are we still the greatest?

Quoting SavannahV:

Its our horrible president. Though guns are our rights and having them is one thing that makes us a free country. We are still the greatest nation.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    The best you have to offer is the ability to leave the country? I'm not sure that is much to brag about.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

want to know the best of America? We let you leave if you want :)  And maybe if we weren't giving all of our money away to other countries, we'd be doing better.

• mich.el.le
    January 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Hello? Do you not see the 4.3 million welfare posts, the presidential debates that were going on pre-november, the 40 posts on rape that have been posted in the last 2 days......like guns are the only thing people argue over. *rolls eyes*

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts