Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
momsince04
Illegals!!!!
January 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Ok so I posted earlier about illegals and the new law in Illinois that was passed to give them a right to have a license. People did not understand what I was trying to say, so I'm trying again :). With that said, I had earlier read a post about the same topic, and it surprised me to see how many woman are so ignorant and racist. Woman complaining about how all of the illegals should be deported, and how the illegals should not be able to have a license. My issue is, illegals really aren't an issue here. They come to have a better life, because life here is painted so beautiful for them, people come with high expectations because they think there is work, money and everything their own country doesn't offer. Illegals work the jobs that nobody wants, for the very min. Wage, they work 2 or more jobs to help feed the families they much of the time leave behind. A lot of times kids are brought at a young age and have no choice. So why not give certain people the chance to make it easier for them to live? I do agree some people should be deported, some people truly have no right to be here, but not only illegals are bad. How often do you hear of an illegal going a killing spree at movie theaters, schools, malls, or anything like that? Yes we hear of the Mexican cartels and how bad it's getting, but is that really fair to assume all illegals are like the cartels? It would be like saying ALL white people are crazy killers. Illegals should not be looked at as a burden, or anything less. They work at whatever they can find, no matter how dirty, gross or hard, so I say give them a chance to get a license, so they can keep their pay checks instead of always having to give it to the gov. There are far worst things happening with our country than Illinois allowing illegals to obtain a license.

Replies

• rgba
    by rgba
    January 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    I think it's sad that we even describe groups of people as "illegals."
  • RigPrincess85
    January 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    I personally think that they are a problem. What they do by coming over illegally is make it far more difficult for someone who is trying to do it the right way. In my opinion it's only going to make the problem worse if states start issuing drivers licenses etc. yes there are bigger problems out there... So why not focus on those issues? Why should they have the same rights as a citizen or a legal immigrant ? They shouldn't. Jmo though.
  • Fairegirl33
    January 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM

illegal citizens should not be able to get a drivers license in any state... or obtain US benefits.

the fact of the matter is, they are here illegally.... so where do we stop letting folks get away with illegal things. 

Yes, they want a better life for them and their families... I get that.  We all do !

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    If they are illegal, how are they legally obligated to have a state license and pay car insurance? If they are'nt applying for legal citizenship and paying taxes, SS, and etc....how do they get this benefit of a drivers lisence? I'm genuinely concerned and curious? I don't want them driving anywhere near me!!! Rame their crappy ass car into mine so my insurance has to fix their car and hospital bills because they don't have insurance!!! No way. That all sucks!!! Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just that really chaps my ass.
  • LiDoMama
    January 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    I live in Illinois, and this doesn't bother me. As long as they have the same requirements for obtaining and maintaining a license as anyone else, I don't care. I agree, many of these people have left horrible living conditions. Many just want to chase the "American Dream" - like so many of our forefathers did.
  • VannaMae307
    January 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I would rather get in a wreck with a licensed person, since they were required to show insurance/registration than to get in a wreck with an unlicensed person with no insurance. This will also give them a chance to get a job and pay taxes instead of getting paid in cash and abusing the welfare system.

I admit I don't know a lot on the subject but based on those two problems, I can't say having an undocumented person get a driver license is bad.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    All of them should be deported. End of story.

Come here the right way or not at all. And don't give me some BS excuse of how its so expensive blah blah blah. If they can pay a coyote to bring them across and drop them in the middle of nowhere to survive or die, they can afford to start the citizenship process. And they certainly shouldn't be rewarded with privileges or rights citizens here have, such as driver licenses.
  • 1stpreggers
    January 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

illegals should not be given the same rights as citizens. If they want those privileges they should become citizens.

• littlemonaghan
    January 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    Omg. Just immigrate legally and you can every chance to succeed that thus country has to offer. Fuck. It's not that hard to comprehend
  • MaileysMommy
    January 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I don't think anyone here illegally should be able to have a license. Why not get citizenship if you want to be here? My Aunt is from Mexico and she went through the process of becoming a citizen, just like everyone else should. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts