Mom Confessions

Anonymous
People who own cars just don't get it!
by Anonymous
January 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM
4 days a week I get up early and take my son to preschool in the town below us. We get on the bus at 6:35 am and get to town at 7 and wait in a nearby grocery store until just before school starts at 8. My son goes to Head Start and every day when he gets dropped off he has to wash his hands and have a "health check" from one of the teachers before I can leave him. I am lucky enough there is a bus headed back up the hill right in front of his school at 8:05 am. Usually I am fast enough that I can get on that bus and head home, getting here at about 8:30 depending on who's driving. If I miss that bus I might as well not go home at all because the next one isn't until 10:30 and I would be getting home just in time to turn around and go back to pick him up. (Now to my vent, lol.) This morning my son was being a complete brat and didn't want to wash his hands ect. and I was trying to get him to get moving so I wouldn't miss the bus. His teacher told me to let it go that he would decide to listen when he's ready. I reminded her I take the bus and that I didn't want to miss it. She just gave me kind of a blank look and said I could just take the next one. I'm NOT going to kiss his ass just because he is having one of "those" kind of days and doesn't want to do what he knows he is supposed to be doing! She doesn't want me force him to listen, she wants me to just block him from getting to the toys and wait. She believes children should be "guided into making the right choice." If I were to put him on time out/spank him for not listening I bet she would have a freakin heart attack! Why do people not understand that I don't make my own schedule! I can't just jump up and leave whenever the hell I decide I'm ready! If I miss that bus I sit in town for 4 and half hours! Ugh!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    I completely understand, I miss my car so much!!!!!!
  • Aleta775
    January 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I'm not trying to be rude, but why don't you drive? 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

::(

• Diva-Mami
    January 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    What does that have to do with cars
  • JDmommyJD
    January 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    Can't you call a cab?
  • TigOlBitties
    January 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    So why don't we get it again?...
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    I don't have a car either but I still don't get it. You wanted to spank him because of a bus schedule?
  • MamaDee83

Where do you live that a bus only comes around every 4 hours? I'm not asking to be cheeky, I seriously am curious!

• mrswillie
    Becausr sheis doesn't ride the bus, she doesn't knowride the schedule. How aboutto explaining it to her.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Because I don't have a car. Its to expensive when I can have unlimited rides throughtout the entire county for 30 days for an $18 bus pass.

Quoting Aleta775:

I'm not trying to be rude, but why don't you drive? 

Mom Confessions