Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
If the flu shot is so effective....
by Anonymous
January 9, 2013 at 7:16 AM

why are we hearing of reports of the flu ALL over the USA??  reports of full ER's, full hospitals, people sick left and right, despite getting the shot.....what a hoax

Replies

• cupomeow
    January 9, 2013 at 7:26 AM

There are different strains of the flu. The flu shot does not cover them all, what many people call the stomach flu is going around right now too and the flu shot does not cover it.

• littlelamb303
    January 9, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

A 4-year-old boy from New Jersey was asked not to return to his school without a flu shot. But his parents say the child is allergic to the raw egg in the vaccine.

Jeremy Pereira was home playing on an iPad instead of attending school on Monday. Jeremy is allergic to egg, which is present in the flu vaccine. His parents won't expose him but without the shot his school won't let him back until April.

The Pereiras say they had a letter from Jeremy's pediatrician explains his egg allergy. But the boy's doctors recommended giving him the vaccine and then judging his reaction. However, his parents wouldn't do this.

New Jersey is one of the only states in the nation to require flu shots for young schoolchildren, from six months through 5 years old.

December 31, 2012, was the deadline was the deadline to get the flu shot.

The state allows for religious and medical exemptions but according to the state Department of Health the child's primary care provider would have to determine if the child is likely to have a severe reaction to the egg in the flu vaccine.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/01/08/new-jersey-boy-not-allowed-back-to-school-without-flu-shot/#ixzz2HTqrXWxj

they have a flu vaccine now that does not contain eggs

• CeeGee81
    January 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Do you know for a fact all ALL of those people had their flu shots?  No.  Millions of people refuse to get it. 

You can still get the flu if you get the flu shot, but it will make the symptoms less severe and it won't last as long.  We got our flu shots and we still ended up with the flu.  Our symptoms were not even close to as severe as they have been in recent years when we didn't get the shot.  Also, it only lasted 24-ish hours where as before it lasted 5-7 days.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6

I guess those cases of the flu couldn't possibly be people that didn't get the vaccine,  that would just make too much sense!

• LoveMyLos
    My dh told me last night if the flu epidemic gets worse, my kids will be getting the shot.....i said ummm no, they won.t. so im sure we will be fighting over that.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5

Quoting cupomeow:

There are different strains of the flu. The flu shot does not cover them all, what many people call the stomach flu is going around right now too and the flu shot does not cover it.

that is a virus, not the same thing as the flu.  The shot does not protect you from virus. 

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    January 9, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Someone mentioned that there is a shot w/o eggs for people who are allergic.  I'm against people forcing people to vaccinate or do whatever to their or their children's bodies but at four, it sounds like preschool which is typically private, which would exempt them from this law.  In this case I support the business's choice to conduct it as they see fit.

Quoting Anonymous:

A 4-year-old boy from New Jersey was asked not to return to his school without a flu shot. But his parents say the child is allergic to the raw egg in the vaccine.

Jeremy Pereira was home playing on an iPad instead of attending school on Monday. Jeremy is allergic to egg, which is present in the flu vaccine. His parents won't expose him but without the shot his school won't let him back until April.

The Pereiras say they had a letter from Jeremy's pediatrician explains his egg allergy. But the boy's doctors recommended giving him the vaccine and then judging his reaction. However, his parents wouldn't do this.

New Jersey is one of the only states in the nation to require flu shots for young schoolchildren, from six months through 5 years old.

The state allows for religious and medical exemptions but according to the state Department of Health the child's primary care provider would have to determine if the child is likely to have a severe reaction to the egg in the flu vaccine.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/01/08/new-jersey-boy-not-allowed-back-to-school-without-flu-shot/#ixzz2HTqrXWxj

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 9, 2013 at 7:28 AM

the 99% is the amount of people i talked to after they got the shot and said it made them sick....kinda weird EVERYONE had the same story, and these people are ALL OVER the USA

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

And i have heard this complaint SO often from like 99% of people who said they got the shot

Quoting happykitty316:

IDK, but I'm never getting the flu shot again.  DH & I have been sick non stop since we got it.

well, yes. You can still get sick, but most likely not the flu.  The flu can be confirmed by your doctor.  Don't assume your illness is the actual flu.  99% is an inaccurate number, especially when it is most likely a virus

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 9, 2013 at 7:29 AM

influenza IS a virus....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cupomeow:

that is a virus, not the same thing as the flu.  The shot does not protect you from virus. 

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 9, 2013 at 7:29 AM

So why don't they get him the one without eggs on it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts