Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
NEED YOUR HELP!
by Anonymous
January 9, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I've decided that with my child's recent behavior that instating a chore chart is necessary. I'm tired of his miss behavior at school and home and he's going to start having a lot more structure in his life due to the fact that over the last month he's become some sort of evil monster child that I've never met before! I have no idea what his problem is but I'm tired of it. And yes emotionally I know whats going on with him this is purely behavioral. 

So what chores are acceptable for a very short (this matters because things like putting dishes away are impossible for him) 7 year old to do? I know basics like cleaning room and making bed. I want other stuff though that I might not thought of that would be easy for a child. 

I don't think that things like brushing teeth or getting up on time are chores. (i keep finding those on chore charts) HELP.

Replies

• mom2twins82
    January 9, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    Maybe making his bed, wiping the table, make sure there water in the pet bowl?
  • crystalplus1
    January 9, 2013 at 6:51 AM

do you have a pet? he could set the table, clear the table.  Maybe take out the trash?

• mamivon2
    January 9, 2013 at 6:53 AM

taking trash out, sweep, vacuum, cleaning bathroom, getting the mail, raking leaves, shoveling snow, dusting, setting the table,watering plants, (garden), helping a neighbor do something..

• MomJenny1
    January 9, 2013 at 6:54 AM

sweeping and vacuuming.  It makes mine CRAZY, but they hate it so much they will do anything needed to avoid it.  They have to do it again if I find missed stuff on the floor.

• barrelracer1699
    January 9, 2013 at 6:55 AM

You said he can't put dishes away, how about the silverware? My 3 yr old does the silverware. I agree with what most of the ladies have said otherwise!

• LeetjieJ
    January 9, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    Pack the dishwasher; feed pets; water houseplants; fold laundry (towels, pillow cases etc, not the whole family's)
  • RedSoxWife
    January 9, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    My 7 year old rinses dishes and puts them in the dishwasher, vacuums his room, makes his bed, takes garbages out of bathrooms, is responsible for keeping his play room clean and in order... that kinda stuff
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Not one that he can help with. Trash he's much too little to do. I'm thinking his bathroom trash though. He's sort of little for his age he's all of 39-41 lbs given the week. Thats a good one! We don't really set the table though. Just grab a plate and get silverware and sit. 

Quoting crystalplus1:

do you have a pet? he could set the table, clear the table.  Maybe take out the trash?

• Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Do/did your 7 year old have the ability to do vacuuming? Just curious. My vacuum is awful heavy he probably weighs as much as it does. I've never let him try though maybe I should see if its even possible for him to. 

Quoting MomJenny1:

sweeping and vacuuming.  It makes mine CRAZY, but they hate it so much they will do anything needed to avoid it.  They have to do it again if I find missed stuff on the floor.

• Anonymous
    January 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Dude if I had a dishwasher (i seriously almost typed wishwasher!!! lol) I'd be thrilled to let him do this. He can't reach into the sink though he's so little for his age. No pets he can feed/house plants.

Laundry is on my list though! Put his shirts on hangers and then exactly what you said towels, blankets, pillow cases. He's good with all that. And doing the laundry. Putting it in the washer then to the dryer and into the basket. I'll move the basket though. Thank you! 

Quoting LeetjieJ:

Pack the dishwasher; feed pets; water houseplants; fold laundry (towels, pillow cases etc, not the whole family's)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts